Author Topic: MacLean, Chirsty, Isle of Raasay, 1807  (Read 2671 times)

Offline RSMACL

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MacLean, Chirsty, Isle of Raasay, 1807
« on: Wednesday 01 September 10 05:37 BST (UK) »
In my husband's tree, I have found : Chirsty (Christy) McLean, dau. of William McLean & Margaret McLeod, born 1807 Isle of Raasay, married to Malcolm McLeod, b. 8 April, 1804, Hallaig ( son of Torquil McLeod and Christina McLennan, also of Hallaig).   Anyone have any connections? Ruth MacLeod (Australia)

Offline dee7elle

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: MacLean, Chirsty, Isle of Raasay, 1807
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ruth,
It's been years since you posted but in case you're still looking, here we go.

I am descended from William Maclean and Margaret Macleod of Raasay. I did not they had a daughter -- Chirsty in your husband's tree. Most of this Maclean family went to Stornoway in Lewis after they were cleared from Screapadal in Raasay. However, I have been looking for the elder sons, Lachlan and Donald, who would have been your Chirsty's brothers. Have you been able to find evidence of Chirsty's existence?
Cheers,
Deirdre

Offline gportugal

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: MacLean, Chirsty, Isle of Raasay, 1807
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 April 18 05:35 BST (UK) »
Dear Deirdre,

Thank you for contacting me about Ruth MacLeod.  Unfortunately, I am not working for Australian Unity anymore so I don't have Ruth's email.
If you like me, I can contact her through Facebook and send her your email.  Be mindful that you will need to send me your email address because I don't have access to AU emails anymore.  That is why I have created an account in Rootschat.com.  ;)   

You can contact me directly at gportugalf@gmail.com.
I am more than happy to help.

Warm regards,
Graciela