Author Topic: Easton/Balfour family from Kirkcaldy 1760-1800s  (Read 3326 times)

Offline omap

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Easton/Balfour family from Kirkcaldy 1760-1800s
« on: Friday 03 September 10 03:13 BST (UK) »
Looking for anyone that might have the following in their lines:

Alexander Eason/Easton  b. circa 1760
  married to
     Nellie (Helen?) Balfour/Balflower   b. circa 1760

child:  James Eason/Easton   b. 12 Nov 1781 Abbotshall, Kirkcaldy, Fife
                                                   d.  prior to 1852

I think Nellie (Helen?) might be Helen Balfour b. 30 Jan 1774 Markinch, Fife to John Balfour and Jean Wilson but have so far been unable to document.

My Easton line continues from James Eason/Easton for 4 generations in the Abbotshall, Dysart, Burntisland, and Dunfermline areas before spreading out and some immigrating to America.

I live in Canada and would appreciate any help from anyone able to provide that has access to records in Scotland.
Dalkeith, SCT: Lees, Waldie
Kirkcaldy, SCT: Cook, Easton
Edinburgh, SCT: Lees, Waldie, Hunter, Allan, Easton
St Cuthbert, SCT: Lees, Waldie
Dundee, SCT: Allan, Lees, Easton, Boyd
Kilsyth, SCT: Boyd
Buittle, SCT: Easton
Glasgow, SCT: Easton
Ontario, CANADA: Oliver
Saskatchewan, CANADA: Easton, Gee, Oliver, Prutton
Hertfordshire, ENG: Prutton

Offline James Easton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Easton/Balfour family from Kirkcaldy 1760-1800s
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 September 18 22:08 BST (UK) »
Hi
This is all new to me ,
I have confirmed records back to 1732 with the birth of Thomas Easton at St Clements Danes Westminster....parents Richard Eaton and Anne Bywater married 1731 St Clements Danes.....Richards father I believe is George Eason married Margaret Everard 1706/7 Askes Hospital Chapel....I have a Hannah Eason buried at Bun Hill Fields a known Quaker site father George from St Clements Danes Grandfather John Everard ....A George Eason was born at Dysart Fife 1682 and A Margaret Everard born Dysart Fife 1683 ....George , Richard and Thomas were all peruke makers as was John Everard.
Like everybody else looking to dot the i’s and cross the t’s and help anybody along the way .
Any advise always welcome
James Easton

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 September 18 11:12 BST (UK) »
I note the baptism of James below on Scotlands People, a low cost pay to view site.
No other children as I can see?

EASTON   JAMES   ALEXANDER EASTON/NELLY BALFLOWER   18/11/1781   Abbotshall

No trace of a marriage, no Alexander born Fife but 4 possible elsewhere best in my opinion below.

EASTON   ALEXANDER   JAMES EASTON/   08/08/1760   Edzell, Angus

Nearest record to Fife for Helen but there are others earlier. No Balflower

BALFOUR   HELLEN   JOHN BALFOUR/REBECA FORRESTER    15/01/1760   Gargunnock, Stirling

Or the records may not have survived?

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 September 18 13:51 BST (UK) »
Alexander Eason/Easton  b. circa 1760 married to Nellie (Helen?) Balfour/Balflower   b. circa 1760
child:  James Eason/Easton   b. 12 Nov 1781 Abbotshall, Kirkcaldy, Fife
                                                   d.  prior to 1852
I think Nellie (Helen?) might be Helen Balfour b. 30 Jan 1774 Markinch, Fife to John Balfour and Jean Wilson but have so far been unable to document.
Helen Balfour born 1774 would have been just 7 years old when James Eason was born in 1781, so I think she can safely be eliminated from your search.

I live in Canada and would appreciate any help from anyone able to provide that has access to records in Scotland.
You have the same access as anyone else to the principal Scottish records, which are all at www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk (pay-per-view).
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.