Author Topic: Help with Buncrana research  (Read 18690 times)

Offline adak576

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Buncrana research
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 27 September 12 04:28 BST (UK) »
O'Hagan & McLoughin families from Desertegny Parish on Inishowen Peninsula, Co. Donegal; Rodden & Trainor families from Magilligan, Co. Derry; and McParland, Rice, Myers & Loughran families from the Cooley Peninsula of Co. Louth.

Offline MarieMcDaid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 27 September 12 18:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks Mike

Will get a look at it later.

Are you related to the family?

Regards
Marie
McDaid- Buncrana
Fullerton- Buncrana
McColgan- Iskaheen, Muff
Friel- Muff / Glackmore / Aught
McGahey - Glackmore / Aught
Doherty - Buncrana
McGowan - Carnamoyle, Muff
Gallanagh - Buncrana
McCallion - Carnamoyle, Muff
McLaughlin - Clunelly
Granny / Grant - Clunelly
Granny / Grant - Kinnoge, Buncrana

Offline adak576

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 27 September 12 18:24 BST (UK) »
My father was born in Old Mountain about half way between Buncrana & the Gap of Mamore.  One of his brothers married a Bradley and another a Gillespie.  Needless to say we have our share of Dohertys, McLaughlins, Gallaghers & McCarrons.
Mike O'Hagan
O'Hagan & McLoughin families from Desertegny Parish on Inishowen Peninsula, Co. Donegal; Rodden & Trainor families from Magilligan, Co. Derry; and McParland, Rice, Myers & Loughran families from the Cooley Peninsula of Co. Louth.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie McLaughlin (Mcloughlin) & James Harkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 29 September 12 19:57 BST (UK) »
Sorry about the limited information !! my grandmother Annie Harkin nee Mclaughlin had a cousin who according to her daughter  her was called was Ann fullerton from Buncrana. The story goes that she came back from America before WW2 with her husband & they could not go back for one reason or another , my late mother thought there was a connection with Tip O'neil the story maybe true or not ?? .
                                                                                                                                    Little Annie
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline AnneMB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 11 December 12 15:56 GMT (UK) »
I was interested in the details about Mary Feeney who was married to Edward Fullerton. They were my great-grandparents, and I have been trying to find out more about Mary. As you have dates of birth and death, do you have any documentation and do you know her place of birth. I'd be happy to share information as I have a lot on the Fullertons.

Regards,
AnneMB

Offline adak576

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 11 December 12 17:10 GMT (UK) »
I regret that I don't have much more regarding them.  The little I do have comes from an online Bradley Family Tree:

http://bradley.home.tripod.com/id10.html

I have Bradleys & Fullertons in my tree, but not directly related.
Mike

Offline Pollandam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 22 March 13 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Beam John's (John Fullerton 1878-1958) Family.
1.John (The Doctor)......b.1904.d.1958.Married Sadie(At the Point).She was born 1923 and is still alive in the Illies and very interesting to talk to.
2.Eddie...b.1906.Married Georgina McDaid from Ballymagorry,Co.Tyrone.Went to live in Glasgow.
3.Kathleen......m.Aiken,lived and died in USA
4.Helena..........m.Ferris,lived and died in USA
5.Bridget.......m.Packie McGee.Buncrana.
6.Mary........m.Jodham.Bristol
7.Pat.........m.Annie Henderson.Buncrana
8.James.......m.Mary Devlin.Buncrana
9.Joe............m.Angela (Dobbs) Doherty.Live in New York.
10.Willie.......m.Susie Gill.Backhill

Also, Do you know anything about the Edward McDaid that Unity married.  Where he was from?  Who his parents were?
Edward McDaid was born in 1872.son of William McDaid,Sleadrin Glen and Kathleen,nee McLaughlin-Wannish.
He married Unity Fullerton.(b 1874)They had 5 children as you have already listed. Unity died a week after giving birth to Johnny.
Do not know much else about Edward except that he might have married a Bridget King(nee Gill)daughter of James Gill,Meenagorey.Bridget was born in 1885.They might have lived in Derry. I was told that he was buried with his first wife Unity in Cockhill.
Carl

Offline triathlon

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 06 April 13 22:37 BST (UK) »
Pollandam
Hi
I have done a little work on this McDaid tree. Edwards parents William mcdaid married Catherine McLaughlin - they died post 1911 , dates ??  . Can you tell me any more about them. Their first child Mary ann was born in 1869, but I cannot find their marriage ?  Edward who married Unity Fullerton I have borm in 1870, can anyone tell me what happened to his siblings Ellen, Cassie, Michael, William and John. I have traced his other siblings family. Whereabouts was the Mcdaids homeplace , thank you.

Offline ktravers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 06 September 16 20:06 BST (UK) »
Hi
I also have McDaids in my tree. William McDaid married Catherine McLaughlin.  A daughter was Annie McDaid, born May 1875 in Sledrin. Any relation?