Author Topic: Bullen - Ann Boleyn  (Read 52825 times)

Offline rmby

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bullen - Ann Boleyn
« Reply #63 on: Friday 17 October 14 09:51 BST (UK) »
Hi R,
      I noticed you were posting 2 years ago so this is a long shot but, I am currently trying to trace back the family line from Australia.
I was wondering if Simon Bullen had a brother named Edward L Bullen? I too have John Bullen and Elizabeth Ann listed as parents ( With the same dates) as well as a John and Mary as grandparents.
Any information you could share would be much appreciated :)

Hi Kayla,
Yes he did have a brother of that name, the L is for Lyncoln. As far as I can ascertain Simon had 6 siblings. What I have is; Lydia (abt 1767), Simon (abt 1767), Edward (1768), Margaret (1769), Edward L (1773), Susannah (1776) and William (1779).
Hope that helps.
Regards,
R

Offline Mofamily

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Monday 20 October 14 12:37 BST (UK) »
Hi R,
      I noticed you were posting 2 years ago so this is a long shot but, I am currently trying to trace back the family line from Australia.
I was wondering if Simon Bullen had a brother named Edward L Bullen? I too have John Bullen and Elizabeth Ann listed as parents ( With the same dates) as well as a John and Mary as grandparents.
Any information you could share would be much appreciated :)

Hi Kayla,
Yes he did have a brother of that name, the L is for Lyncoln. As far as I can ascertain Simon had 6 siblings. What I have is; Lydia (abt 1767), Simon (abt 1767), Edward (1768), Margaret (1769), Edward L (1773), Susannah (1776) and William (1779).
Hope that helps.
Regards,
R

Hi

I can find Lydia (4.1.1768 Thompson), Edward Lyncoln (8.4.1773 Thompson), William (18.7.1779 Thompson), Susannah (8.7.1776 Thompson) their parents being John and Ann in the Norfolk Archdeacons Transcripts and Bishops Transcripts, but I can't find Edward 1768 and Margaret 1769 and more importantly, Simon 1767 in Thompson.

There is someone's genealogy reference in FS to Margaret (21.8.1769 Thomson) and Edward (3.1.1768 Thompson), but can't find the actual record. Any help would be appreciated.

What is the link with Simon though?

How do we know they are his brothers and sisters?

Sorry for being a pest.

Regards
Mo

Offline KaylaHargrave

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 26 October 14 06:59 GMT (UK) »

[/quote]

Hi

I can find Lydia (4.1.1768 Thompson), Edward Lyncoln (8.4.1773 Thompson), William (18.7.1779 Thompson), Susannah (8.7.1776 Thompson) their parents being John and Ann in the Norfolk Archdeacons Transcripts and Bishops Transcripts, but I can't find Edward 1768 and Margaret 1769 and more importantly, Simon 1767 in Thompson.

There is someone's genealogy reference in FS to Margaret (21.8.1769 Thomson) and Edward (3.1.1768 Thompson), but can't find the actual record. Any help would be appreciated.

What is the link with Simon though?

How do we know they are his brothers and sisters?

Sorry for being a pest.

Regards
Mo
[/quote]

Hi Mo,
        Your information sounds correct I have Edward L Bullen listed in Thompson. Can you just confirm for me, you said his parents were listed as John and Ann. Did you mean Elizabeth Ann?
Unfortunately I cannot be of help with regards to Simon, I thought there may be a link as the names in my tree matched the discussion.

Sorry I couldn't be much help ( It's quite hard to track down records from Australia)
Cheers
Kayla  :)

Offline Mofamily

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Sunday 26 October 14 09:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kayla

No, I did mean John and Ann. 

Edward Lyncoln, son of John and Ann, christened 8.4.1773 - Thompson (Norfolk Archdeacon Transcripts)
Lydia, daughter of John and Ann, christened 4.1.1768 - Thompson (Norfolk Archdeacon Transcripts)
William, son of John and Ann, christened 18.7.1779 - Thompson (Norfolk Archdeacon Transcripts)
Susannah, daughter of John and Ann, christened 8.7.1776 - Thompson (Norfolk Bishop Transcripts).

I can find no record of Simon being born in Thompson.

Personally, I do not think Simon is related to Edward Lyncoln's family (at least not directly).

I have : -

Simon Bullen son of John and Bridget (nee Norton) - Bapt 31.5.1767 Wicklewood (Norfolk Parish records)
Simon Bullen's marriage to Mary Forkse (Faux) 16.6.1800 All Saints, Wicklewood (Norfolk Bishop Transcripts and Norfolk Parish Records).
Simon Bullen and Mary Forkes (Faux) then appear to move to Rockland (note - there is no record of them having children in Wicklewood, although Simon's siblings do) where they have their first born (9 months later) - Robert 15.3.1801- Rockland (Norfolk Bishop Transcripts).

They then go on to have other children baptised in Rockland and then eventually Stow Bedon.

But - that is my take on the matter. 

Thanks for getting back.

Mo

Offline Meggiejayne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 01 April 15 12:50 BST (UK) »
I also have Norfolk Bullen's in my family tree. Mine originate from Field Dalling near Holt. However none of the names you mention seem to match with the ones I have. My first Bullen is Mary, born in 1722 in Field Dalling, Norfolk. She had siblings John, James, Benjamin, Christopher, William, Elizabeth and Jacobus. Her father was Joseph Bullen born 1695 in Field Dalling - he had siblings Egmont and Ann.. His father was Edmund Bullen born 1660 in Field Dalling. I have no siblings for him. His father was Robert Bullen, born 1632 in Norwich and had siblings Jane, Susan and Mary. His father was James Bullen born 1600 in Field Dalling and this is as far back as I can go.

Offline Meggiejayne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 01 April 15 15:00 BST (UK) »
Now got back to John Bullen born 1530ish and married to Agnes Nosyland on 19 Nov 1554.

Offline Mofamily

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday 03 October 17 19:00 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm revisiting this old post to reach the people who have an interest in the Bullen family from Stow Bedon.

Most people know about "Great Uncle Dan" - Daniel Thomas Bullen who died at the age of 105, but I wonder if anyone knows the whereabouts of Daniel Lock Bullen.  He appears on the 1871 Census aged about 6 and then again in 1881 aged 16 then disappears.  He is down as Henry and Sarah's grandson, but it doesn't actually say whose son he is (although I assume he was Daniel Thomas Bullen's son - although that is speculation on my part).

What happened to him?

Any ideas.

Mo