Author Topic: Bullen - Ann Boleyn  (Read 52739 times)

Offline clairelouise

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bullen - Ann Boleyn
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 04 September 10 15:53 BST (UK) »
sorry ignore the message I put above this one and try this...

http://www.doun.org/transcriptions/index.php

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 04 September 10 19:24 BST (UK) »
That transcription site looks potentially useful, despite the name I am interested in being Burton (1771entries). Regarding the Bullens (Boleyns), remember that the events which led to Anne's execution took place a few years prior to the introduction of Parish registers, so her birth or that of her siblings and parents are not going to be there to find.You will need a known surviving sibling, and then , if the registers start early enough, you might find his family and descendants etc. As has already been said, difficult, but well worth a try for the fun.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline Mofamily

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 05 September 10 09:32 BST (UK) »
Hi

Thanks. Looked at the transcriptions index now.  What a great site.  Unfortunately, the list of Bullens hasn't thrown up any known rellies, but on the Carbrooke link I found my g g Uncle Dan (Daniel Bullen b: 1846) at the Carbrooke Mill Drift Post Mill.  He was my g g Grandad's (George) brother and he lived until he was 105 - and worked until that age.

Mo

Offline Maggie1895

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 05 September 10 19:21 BST (UK) »
Just thinking -  of the 3 children of Thomas Boleyn:

George Boleyn was  beheaded before having any children (though with his poisonous wife, Jane Parker, he probably still wouldn't have had children had he lived to 100+)

Anne's only child was Queen Elizabeth I who herself died without children

Mary bore a child to Henry VIII, and more children after her marriage.  They all had the surname Carey

so presumably what you are looking for is a cousin or brother of Thomas Boleyn to attach your line to
Census information Crown Copywright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk / National Archives of Scotland

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 05 September 10 19:32 BST (UK) »
It would have to be one or the other, or at least a grandchild of one of these for the research to stand any chance of success. Firstly I would establish how far back the records go, and proceed from there. Recently I asked whether there were any pre 1538 Parish Registers, the answer was that there are a very few. Thomas Cromwell must have got the idea from somewhere. You may be lucky; additonally other medieval records, manorial etc. may survive. Again worth a search.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline Blue-Spirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 05 September 10 23:36 BST (UK) »
Dan Bullen was a well known figure around my area, he lived till 105 yrs old, at one time joined his brothers in Durham to work in the mines. when returning home he became a miller and hired a corn mill on the Carbrooke - Caston boundry. after which he farmed at Carbrooke both arable and stock. The farm  still carries the name " Bullens Farm",  Dan Bullen died on the 26th Feb 1951 he is buried at Stow Bedon along side some of his family members ,. Would you like a picture of his grave?. 

Some years ago  I did have contact with a chap who was working on his and the same family connection of Bullen & Boleyn..

If you go to my web site  click on " Broadflash" you wil see a picture of Dan working at the grand old age of 100.

Hi

Thanks. Looked at the transcriptions index now.  What a great site.  Unfortunately, the list of Bullens hasn't thrown up any known rellies, but on the Carbrooke link I found my g g Uncle Dan (Daniel Bullen b: 1846) at the Carbrooke Mill Drift Post Mill.  He was my g g Grandad's (George) brother and he lived until he was 105 - and worked until that age.

Mo
Researching My Family in Norfolk.
Barker-Barnard-Brooks-Bush.
Eagling-Fincham-Goddard-Gooch.
Hammond-Johnson-Long.
Musk-Mickleborough/Mickleburgh.
Oakley- Parker-Potter-Smith-Wright...

Offline Mofamily

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 06 September 10 09:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Blue spirit

I would love  :) a photo of Dan's Grave.  That would be brilliant.

I have actually already been on the Broadflash site and found the photo of Dan and it says that Dorothy is his daughter, but it was was my understanding that she is his grandaughter (Dorothy Bird).  Or have I got this wrong.  There is a lot of confusion as to whom he married.  I have three wives - Minnie Tottman, Anna Maria Webster and Octavia Gertrude Godfrey - and the children are a real confusion.  Not even sure if he had any when in the North East as he was obviously there in between census. (mind you when you reach 105 and are still working you are bound to get through a lot of wives  ;D)

Do you have an old photo of the farm?

Any more info would be fantastic.  Thanks.

Mo

Offline Mofamily

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 06 September 10 09:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks Maggie1895 and Redroger

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter.

I rather fancy my line of Bullens coming from one of Geoffrey Bullen's (Lord Mayor of London) brothers - don't know why :-\  A gut feeling.

May take years to unravel - if ever  ???

Mo

Offline Blue-Spirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 06 September 10 14:17 BST (UK) »
Correct grandaughter not daughter, miss spelling on my behalf. Uncanny, as i remember there was a little confussion on Dans wifes, i will try to find out more.
I performed a annual photo show of my collection of old photos at our local church, all seats were taken. two of the people who came along were the great grandaughters to Dan.

I will place photos in your PM box.

regards

Hi Blue spirit

I would love  :) a photo of Dan's Grave.  That would be brilliant.

I have actually already been on the Broadflash site and found the photo of Dan and it says that Dorothy is his daughter, but it was was my understanding that she is his grandaughter (Dorothy Bird).  Or have I got this wrong.  There is a lot of confusion as to whom he married.  I have three wives - Minnie Tottman, Anna Maria Webster and Octavia Gertrude Godfrey - and the children are a real confusion.  Not even sure if he had any when in the North East as he was obviously there in between census. (mind you when you reach 105 and are still working you are bound to get through a lot of wives  ;D)

Do you have an old photo of the farm?

Any more info would be fantastic.  Thanks.

Mo
Researching My Family in Norfolk.
Barker-Barnard-Brooks-Bush.
Eagling-Fincham-Goddard-Gooch.
Hammond-Johnson-Long.
Musk-Mickleborough/Mickleburgh.
Oakley- Parker-Potter-Smith-Wright...