Author Topic: Kyrkes at Gwersyllt  (Read 45913 times)

Offline Adnepos_Iacobi

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Kyrkes at Gwersyllt
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 31 October 10 23:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the link to the tribal pages

I have come to the conclusion (see the question in the first posting) that on balance, the parents of Richard Venables KYRKE (1821-1899) were Richard KYRKE (1792-1868) and his wife Harriott Ann JONES. I'll confirm this one way or another, some day!
Powell (NTT) Hallam (DBY) Nadin (DBY) Hartley (Ancoats) Beech (Kirk Sandal) Potter (DBY)

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 08 November 10 13:07 GMT (UK) »
The Lancaster Gazette and General Advertiser, for Lancashire, Westmorland, &c. (Lancaster, England), Saturday, July 31, 1813;

Marriage announcment
On Tuesday last George Kyrke Esq of Gwersyllt Hill Wrexham to Harriet daughter of Wm Roe Esq of Liverpool.

It doesnt say where the marriage took place.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Adnepos_Iacobi

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 08 November 10 16:59 GMT (UK) »
George Kyrke of Gwersyllt Hill Wrexham married Rachel Harriet Roe (daughter of Wm Roe Esq of Liverpool) at St Annes, Richmond, Liverpool on 27 July 1813. It was a posh place in those days.

I'll  confirm that William Roe was a son of Charles, the successful mining engineer/entrepreneur and business partner of George Kirke's father Richard.
Powell (NTT) Hallam (DBY) Nadin (DBY) Hartley (Ancoats) Beech (Kirk Sandal) Potter (DBY)

Offline oasorgard

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 29 March 11 20:48 BST (UK) »
Regarding the fate of the Kyrkes in the Wrexham area, I think the connection was severed when Richard Venables KYRKE died at Hawarden in 1899, although his elder son Richrd Henry Venables KYRKE died in the Monmouth area in 1925. Daughter Dora married Joseph DRAKE, of Wexford. I lose track of his daughter Fanny and think she must have died young. And his younger son Arthur Venables KYRKE moved away to Chard, Somerset. I am not aware of descendants of any other line from Richard KIRK (1747-1839) other than those of the above Richard Venable KYRKE..

One Richard Henry Venables KYRKE (b. ca 1848, d. 1925) rent some of the river Vefsna - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vefsna - in Norway for salmon fishing from 1891 until his death in 1925.

Offline Adnepos_Iacobi

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 29 March 11 21:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks oasorgard and welcome to RootsChat!

That's an interesting find that I had come across but couldn't understand because it was in Norwegian

Richard Henry Venables KYRKE died at Symonds Yat on the border of England with Wales but south of Gwersyllt

Offline oasorgard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 30 March 11 17:45 BST (UK) »
One A. Venables KYRKE, Chard, England, rent, in participation whit a Norwegian, some of the river Hundåla and Hundålvatnet - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hund%C3%A5lvatnet - in Norway for salmon and trout fishing from 1905.

In 1902 Richard Henry Venables KYRKE also build a small villa at Fallneset nearby the river Vefsna.

Offline Adnepos_Iacobi

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Kyrkes
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 31 March 11 23:04 BST (UK) »
A Venables KYRKE of Chard Somerset would be Colonel Arthur Venables KYRKE (1855-1921). He was the brother of the Richard Venables KYRKE who was also fishing, and building villas.

Offline oasorgard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 01 April 11 01:37 BST (UK) »
The river Hundåla is nearby the farm I am living on, and we own some of the river. But the right to fish salmon and trout is own by the Brodtkorb-family, that earlyer also own the land around the river. Earlyer they also own the land around the lower part of the river Vefsna. And it was from them Arthur and Richard Henry Venables KYRKE rent the salmon and trout fishing.

Offline oasorgard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 03 April 11 20:34 BST (UK) »
Regarding the fate of the Kyrkes in the Wrexham area, I think the connection was severed when Richard Venables KYRKE died at Hawarden in 1899, although his elder son Richrd Henry Venables KYRKE died in the Monmouth area in 1925. Daughter Dora married Joseph DRAKE, of Wexford. I lose track of his daughter Fanny and think she must have died young. And his younger son Arthur Venables KYRKE moved away to Chard, Somerset. I am not aware of descendants of any other line from Richard KIRK (1747-1839) other than those of the above Richard Venable KYRKE..

One Richard Henry Venables KYRKE (b. ca 1848, d. 1925) rent some of the river Vefsna - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vefsna - in Norway for salmon fishing from 1891 until his death in 1925.

KYRKE's family rent some of the river Vefsna for salmon fishing until 1934.