Author Topic: Need a little help with this one please!  (Read 6491 times)

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Need a little help with this one please!
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 05 October 10 23:21 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much. I have sent you my email address through personal message.

Janice
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie

Offline raisingkids

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 09 October 10 17:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Janice,

My name is Sue and Jean and Harry Alderton of Owen Sound were my grandparents and I actually lived with them as a child.
Any questions you need answered please feel free to contact me--I can fill you in on about 4 generations of the family still living here in Ontario and across Canada.  I have pictures that we can scan and send to you including ones of Sam and Gramma Grimason--her second husband.  At one point while Gram was in a nursing home before she died there was 5 generations living--I am sure there is picture somewhere but I do not have one but I am sure someone in the family has it.
This is really exciting--hope to hear from you
Sue

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 10 October 10 17:45 BST (UK) »
Sue

This is very exciting.

I have a photo of your great-grandfather's sister, who was my great-grandmother and I would love to share information and photos.

I am sending you a personal message with my email, as we don't like to put it on the main pages.

Hoping to hear form you.

Janice
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie

Offline Sherlock Holmes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 07 March 11 05:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janice,
Re Samuel Grimason and Lillian McKinley.
Note the birth place of Samuel as being, England.
So looking at the Births index for Samuel Grimason's born in England prior to 1908 when John McKinley Grimason was born I find only one entry that could be your man.
Samuel Grimason was born in 1872 ( RG  Births Index 1872 Sep Quarter, Hartley Wintney Vol: 2c, Page: 177 ).
His father would be Thomas James Grimason and His mother being Isabella Morris.
Thomas James Grimason was born in 1850 based on information given in the 1881 Cencus of England & wales "1881 Cesus England:
Name Thomas J. GRIMASON Relationship Head Condition M Gender M Age 30 Occupation Racquet Instructor Birthplace Woolwich, Kent, England Address 14 St Marys Villas, New Windsor, Berkshire, England PRO ref RG11/1323 Folio 140 Page 26 FHL film no. 1341321."

Plus his death being registered in 1905 "RG Death index 1905 Sep Quarter, Windsor, Vol 2C, Page: 235 Age: 55"
I do have Thomas James Grimason's siblings recorded as well.
This Family will go back in to county Armagh, Ireland that I am sure of.
As for the townland that again is another matter.

This is part of my Grimason One Name Study by the way.
Grimason and all variations World Wide a Guild Of One Name Studies registered surname.
Grimesey and all variations, said to be a corruption of GRIMASON
Grimshaw ex County Armagh Ireland

Offline Grimason

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 19 August 17 06:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,
It has been quite sometime since I was on Roots Chat hence a tad out of the loop.
From what I understand you have an interest in Samuel Grimason who was born in 1872 at Farnborough, Southampton, England and Lilly Johnson nee Mc Kinley.
I see you have been in contact with Janice so you may now be on the same page regarding the children that we know that these two had.
Namely;
 Samuel Grimason born 1907 and died 1907 in Haileybury, Nipissing, Ontario, Canada
John McKinley Grimason born 1908 in York, Yorkville, Ontario, Canada
As of to date no progress in finding any further information on John McKinley Grimason maybe you could have some information that may help in locating further information on him as he was not with his parents when they tried crossing into the USA in 1910 secondly he does not show up in the next census either so that leaves only two possibilities.
1. He died prior to 1910 and we have yet to locate the record of his death if it was recorded.
2. He was adopted out as his parents were not married at that time and Samuel was living in a bigamist relationship.
So I do not miss your reply could you please email me at grimason@one-name.org