Author Topic: Binns Family North Yorkshire  (Read 10708 times)

Offline StoneTheCrows

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Binns Family North Yorkshire
« Reply #9 on: Friday 06 April 12 23:16 BST (UK) »
...and after a bit more work today...
I now wonder whether Nellie-Jane Parrott is more of a Nellie-Jane red-herring !
Arthur Coulson Binns is recorded as having married Charlotte Rodway around 1904 which would be more likely to have resulted in Arthur Junior.

I can also add some of Arthur junior's siblings (details of which I know to be accurate): Thomas b 1906, Olive b 1910 d 2008, William b 1912, Kenneth b 1914

I don't know if this all connects up with your Arthur Coulson, Spike47 but it's certainly been interesting finding things out !
Binns (Leeds area/Yorkshire)
Turnbull (Darwen Lancs and North East/North West England)

Offline StoneTheCrows

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 April 12 17:25 BST (UK) »
I feel rather like I am a tree falling in the forest....no sound made because no-one's there to hear but I am still hoping that Spike47 might respond !

OK so...Arthur Coulson Binns did marry Charlotte Rodway - I think she was the daughter from a first marriage of her mother hence the different surname from her 'parents' on the 1911 census (Butler).

My grandfather Arthur Coulson Binns' sister wasnot called Olive but Doreen !

If you have any further information about the family tree Spike47 I would be pleased to see it....

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 April 12 18:44 BST (UK) »
Hi
Spike47 has not been on rootschat for over a year.  Your only hope is to send a personal message and hope that gets through.  Click on the green scroll under the user name.
Andrea

Offline StoneTheCrows

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 12 May 12 01:13 BST (UK) »
I have another possibility.....Arthur Coulson Binns b1906 - father Arthur Coulson Binns/mother Charlotte Rodway.
Arthur Coulson Binns Snr son of William Binns and Harriet Coulson m 1877 Leeds St Peters. ACB born 1882....one of several children but likely to have been 2nd son.
Other Binns/Coulson children: James William b1879, Elizabeth b1880, David b1891, Harriet b1895, Leonard b1898, Ernest b1900
I may have been barking up the wrong family tree !!!

Offline CoryJR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 19 August 15 18:00 BST (UK) »
I recently obtained a medal from a "CPL Ernest Binns" from the Yorkshire Regiment. Its a WW1 medal and it has the name above on it. I wonder if he's related to any of you?

-Cory (writing from Canada)

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 24 August 15 11:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Cory,

I am very sorry but your reply to Stanley has sadly bounced back because it looks like he has changed his email address, sadly we do not know what the new one is.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline spike1947

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 10 March 18 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Arthur Coulson Binns was the name of my grandfather (paternal) but as he died in 1994 aged around 96 I rather think that this is not the Arthur you are looking for... he was however born in Leeds as far as I know.

I am the last of the Binns descended from 'my' Arthur Coulson Binns and what is left of my immediate family is in North Yorkshire. I would VERY much like to trace back my paternal family tree (my cousin has already traced my maternal one back to the mid 17th Century so that's been done as far as it can be !). 

Perhaps there is a link...perhaps this is a forlorn hope but if you think there's any possibility that our Arthurs are one and the same then maybe this reply has been worthwhile !

Oh...being new to this site I didn't wait to read the other posts....it seems they were not the same.... but it'd be interesting to know if they are linked as my family hail from that part of the world...Middlesbrough, South Bank etc etc

Hi
Sorry for the rather late reply , 8 years ago  :-[.
No that is not the same Arthur , but my grandad did come from Leeds though , so there could be a connection ,I have a lot of info on my family tree ,if you were interested I could go through it and find where in Leeds my grandad was born ! .

cheer
Spike