Author Topic: John Edmund Mullarchy RAMC  (Read 4807 times)

Offline armagh20

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Edmund Mullarchy RAMC
« on: Tuesday 07 September 10 16:34 BST (UK) »
John Edmund Mullarchy RAMC

~~~~~~~~
I am researching a 49802 John Edward or Edmund Mullarchy WVI RAMC DOB Abt 1881 Born?? maybe Clones or Middletown Tynan Co Armagh
Enlistment 1915? Discharged unfit for duty 24 7 1916
was in France.
Died at his residence Main St. Middletown Co Armagh on Sunday 25 August 1918. Buried??
Married Newtownards 20 01 1896 wife's name Bothwell, 2 children,may have taken the Mothers name Bothwell after his death.
Looking for his Grave
The soldier is not on the CWGC register, so we would like to find his grave
Any comments?
Joe

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Edmund Mullarchy RAMC
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 September 10 16:45 BST (UK) »
Starting with his death in civil registration index-
John Edmond Mullarchy (age 44- so born c1874) July/Sept.1918 Armagh registration district volume 1 page 35.
http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails&c=fs%3A1408347
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 September 10 16:50 BST (UK) »
See that someone (perhaps you) has been searching for details for a few years-
http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=152519

Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Twible99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 December 10 09:43 GMT (UK) »
I was doing a search and came across your entry, my wife was Mullarchy and John Edmund's ggranddaughter, I have further information, and am interested why you are looking for info?

Offline armagh20

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 08 December 10 15:51 GMT (UK) »
I am a researcher with the  Royal Irish Fusiliers Museum in Armagh,We are trying to locate all those who fell during WW1 & WW2 so as their names can be put on the War Memorial.
We Know when John died but cannot find where he was buried?I have searched all the local papers, but I have not found a mention of his grave.
Many thanks for replying to the roots article
Joe

Offline Twible99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 09 December 10 00:18 GMT (UK) »
Joe thanks for replying, I was in  the museum about a month ago lookig about my gggrandfather Arthur Allen who was in Macedonia, it is a great museum. About John Edmund Mullarchy, its all very complicated, his father was a teacher from Co. Sligo he moved about a lot. J E was born in Arklow, his father died in Mountmellick. J E met his wife Mary Jane Bothwell who was form Silverbridge in Monaghan near Middletown. Her sister was married to his brother a teacher who sadly died and in buried in the parish church there, Tyholland. His brothers widow moved to Ballyhalbert and re married. J E. was a chemist among other things, and lived for a time in Belfast on the Dublin Road and was a librarian then SE Fermanagh and Scotshouse and worked in Clones and then being older enlisted for the Medical corp. His record of discharge is available on Ancestry.com where I discovered the details of how he seems to have had a stroke while in a hospital in France and was discharged and later died in Middletown. After his death his wife and younger children moved to Ballyhalbert where Mary Jane died in 1925 and we think is buried there though ther is no grave stone. Perhaps this is beacuse 2 sons had emmigrated to Ontario, (one son Thomas Wilson Mullarchy served in the BEF in WW1) the other children here fell on hard times.
Because the family dispersed we do not know where either John Edmund or his wife are buried. We have humnted the graveyards around Middletown, Tynan etc. but nothing. We do not know if he was buried in his brothers grave, where Mary Jane Bothwell's family are buried, or if he was buried in Ballyhalbert, most likely not. I would be grateful to know what the press notice said.  I also have a suspicion that he been in the army before WW1.  hopethis is a help.

Offline armagh20

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 09 December 10 09:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello John
Many thanks for your promp reply.
Why not phone the museum and  and speak to the Curator,Amanda Wilson,as we have also searched graveyards and parish registers in the Middletown/Tynan area and across the border.

Offline martin W

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 08 January 18 21:47 GMT (UK) »
There is a CWGC Headstone for Private John Edmund Mullarchy in Middletown Presbyterian Church. I have a photo of this but the attachment is to large. I hope this helps, your search.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 08 January 18 21:59 GMT (UK) »
There is a CWGC Headstone for Private John Edmund Mullarchy in Middletown Presbyterian Church. I have a photo of this but the attachment is to large. I hope this helps, your search.

Why not just resize it??

Right click on photo, Open with Paint, resize it to maybe 60% and save it as  mullarchy_copy for example so you still have original too.....
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.