Author Topic: O'Fallon's of Roscommon  (Read 28778 times)

Offline alecjack

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
O'Fallon's of Roscommon
« on: Saturday 11 September 10 20:48 BST (UK) »
John William O'Fallon was born Athlone 1805.Married Jane Conry 1831 had four children.
John William born abt 1834
Alicia born abt 1838
Mathew Redmond born abt 1838
Charlotte Chadwick born abt 1839/1840.
All four children left Ireland about 1848 but with there Uncle and Auntie,nothing can be found about John William and his wife Jane,they just seem to have disappeared.
Any information would be very helpful.
Many thanks.

Offline WILLIAM MCNALLY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: O'Fallon's of Roscommon
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 October 10 11:23 BST (UK) »
John William O'Fallon was born Athlone 1805.Married Jane Conry 1831 had four children.
Alicia born abt 1838
All four children left Ireland about 1848 but with there Uncle and Auntie,nothing can be found about John William and his wife Jane,they just seem to have disappeared.
Many thanks.

hi iam new to this site , i see we may have some kind od of link , my name is william mcnally  from liverpool , my grandmother was elsie veronica o;fallon , her farther was william redmond o'fallon , and my great great grandtather was mathew redomond o,fallon , was age 42 in 1881 and was a school board officer in liverpool , if u have any information i would appreciate it , was john william o'fallon his farter ? and was maiden name of mathew redmond o'fallon wife sussanha elizabeth , look for frard to hearing from u , and a bit about you ,

regauards william anthony mcnally
IAM WILLIAM ANTHONY MCNALLY MY NAMES IAM SEARCHING FOR ARE , MCNALLY , O'FALLON , MULHALL AND KINSELLA

FATHER WILLIAM MATHEW MCNALLY  ,  HIS FATHER THOMAS MCNALLY BORN ABT 1909 AND WENT TO AUSTRALIA AROUND LATE 40S ,  HIS FATHER WAS JOHN PATRICK MCNALLY  ALL FROM LIVERPOOL AREA AS FAR AS I KNOW
MY FATHER MUM WAS ELSIE VERONICA O;FALLON , AND HER FATHER WAS WILIIAM REDMOND O'FALLON , AND HIS FATER WAS MATHEW REDMOND O'FALLON  WILLIAM REDMOND WAS BORN 1872 .

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 October 10 11:51 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. I'm not related but can fill in a bit of family detail for you from free online resources.

Marriage- Apr./June 1870 W.Derby volume 8b page 579
Matthew Redmond O'Fallon & Susannah Elizabeth Kneale

Deaths-
Matthew R. O'Fallon (age 64) Oct./Dec.1902 W.Derby
Susannah E. O'Fallon (age 71) Oct./Dec.1919 Birkenhead

See www.freebmd.org

Christenings for three of the children are also listed in IGI (www.familysearch.org)-
Susan Ada Gertrude O'Fallon, born 16 Nov.1877, chr. 5 June 1878 St. Timothy's, Liverpool
Albert Ernest O'Fallon, born 19 Dec.1879, chr. 12 May 1880 St. Peter's
Josephine O'Fallon chr. 25 July 1882 St. Peter's, Liverpool
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 October 10 12:45 BST (UK) »
Alicia born abt 1838
Many thanks.

Hello and welcome to rootschat.
It looks as though you have quite a bit of information about the family so to prevent people provifing you with what you already have - where have you looked to date?
I can see the girls with relatives in 1851 but don't see Matthew until 1871 in English censuses but you are fairly specific about the date of their leaving.
Have you checked for deaths in parish records?
What about wills?
best wishes
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline WILLIAM MCNALLY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 October 10 21:10 BST (UK) »
HI THANKS FOR YOUR HELP , I WANTES SUSSANHAS MAIDEN NAME , AND I KNOW MATHEW DIED IN 1902 , U LINKED A FEW THINGS FOR ME ,  I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS ABT A YEAR , AND GOT BACK ON MY DADS MUMS SIDE OF THE FAMILY O;FALLONS , BUT IAM STUCK ON MY GRANDFATHER THOMAS MCNALLY , I DID NOT KNOW HIM HE WENT TO AUSTRALIA IN THE THE LATE 40S , DAD DIDNT SPEAK OF HIM I HAVE HIS MARRIAGE CERTICATE MARRIED IN 1934 TO ELSIE VERONICA OFALLON , HE WAS BORN ABOUT 1909 A YEAR EITHER SIDE AND HIS FATHER WAS JOHN PATRICK MCNALLY BUT SEEM TO BE STUCK THERE DONT KNOW MY JOHN PATRICKS WIFE NAME OR MAIDEN , THANKS FOR UR HELP .

REGAURS WILLIAM MCNALLY
IAM WILLIAM ANTHONY MCNALLY MY NAMES IAM SEARCHING FOR ARE , MCNALLY , O'FALLON , MULHALL AND KINSELLA

FATHER WILLIAM MATHEW MCNALLY  ,  HIS FATHER THOMAS MCNALLY BORN ABT 1909 AND WENT TO AUSTRALIA AROUND LATE 40S ,  HIS FATHER WAS JOHN PATRICK MCNALLY  ALL FROM LIVERPOOL AREA AS FAR AS I KNOW
MY FATHER MUM WAS ELSIE VERONICA O;FALLON , AND HER FATHER WAS WILIIAM REDMOND O'FALLON , AND HIS FATER WAS MATHEW REDMOND O'FALLON  WILLIAM REDMOND WAS BORN 1872 .

Offline alecjack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 17 October 10 12:14 BST (UK) »
Att. William Mc Nally
I believe your GGGrandfather Mathew Redmond O'Fallon was born abt. 1838 Roscommon. Married Susanna Elizabeth Kneale 1869. Lived 59 Belmont Road Liverpool.
Yes i think his Father was the missing John William O'Fallon.
Mathew Redmond O'Fallon was the brother of my GGrandmother Charlotte Chadwick O'Fallon.
I have most of the O'Fallon history relative to my branch but have been unable to trace John William O'Fallon and his wife Jane Conry.
Any info you have would be appreciated.
alecjack

Offline alecjack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 17 October 10 12:20 BST (UK) »
Att Heywood
Yes have checked virtualy all available records even been to Roscommon still no luck,all other family members contacted have no information on their disappearance
Regards
alecjack

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 17 October 10 16:42 BST (UK) »
Hello,
if you have searched then I can't think of anything else - sorry.

I did wonder why you thought the children left abt 1848 - as I said I can see the girls with their aunt and uncle but not the boys.
I did look at the time - did John W (son) end up in America- but where was he and Matthew Redmond in 1851 and 1861?

Do you know the parish they family were living in?

regards
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alecjack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 17 October 10 17:40 BST (UK) »
Hi heywood
Thanks for your interest.
I think something happened to their parents, but no real idea what.
John William emigrated to Canada/USA in about 1850. Have traced him.
Mathew Redmond went to Liverpool at about 1848/1850. Died West Derby District 1902
Alicia and Charlotte Chadwick(My GGrandmother) were taken to London by their Uncle Peter Mc Donnell and his wife Marie(nee O'Fallon) In 1851 Census they were all living at 27 Claremont Terrace St. Pancras. ages given Alicia 16 years and Charlotte 9 Years, both give birthplace as Dublin, both boys birthplace given as Roscommon.
I am of the firm belief that somebody knows what happened to the parents, they could not just have gone missing, it was the time of the famine with little or no records kept in Ireland, but the Mc Donnell's must have known and told members of the family, but it has been kept a very close secret.
 With kind Regards. alecjack