Author Topic: O'Fallon's of Roscommon  (Read 28779 times)

Offline WILLIAM MCNALLY

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: O'Fallon's of Roscommon
« Reply #18 on: Friday 22 October 10 12:23 BST (UK) »
hi thanks for some more information , in this message mathew and nora lived in 23 salisbury road , well my gg father was felix mcilvenna my nans grandfather who lived  in 64 salisbury road , felix mcilvenna daughter ada married william redmond ofallon in 1902 , so looks like the familys grew up close to each other .

do you have list of william redmond ofallon and ada ofallon children please , and do u have information on how william redmond ofallon and mathew redmond ofallon on how the died ? thanks for ur help .

as i said iam new to this quite addictive , iam getting a lot from nans side ofallons , but my grandfather thomas mcnally , up to now brick wall he was born abt 1909 and married august 1934 to elsie veronica ofallon , but he left my nan in the late 40s and went to australia , never seen him or met , i know thomas father was john patrick mcnally

regaurds william anthony mcnally
IAM WILLIAM ANTHONY MCNALLY MY NAMES IAM SEARCHING FOR ARE , MCNALLY , O'FALLON , MULHALL AND KINSELLA

FATHER WILLIAM MATHEW MCNALLY  ,  HIS FATHER THOMAS MCNALLY BORN ABT 1909 AND WENT TO AUSTRALIA AROUND LATE 40S ,  HIS FATHER WAS JOHN PATRICK MCNALLY  ALL FROM LIVERPOOL AREA AS FAR AS I KNOW
MY FATHER MUM WAS ELSIE VERONICA O;FALLON , AND HER FATHER WAS WILIIAM REDMOND O'FALLON , AND HIS FATER WAS MATHEW REDMOND O'FALLON  WILLIAM REDMOND WAS BORN 1872 .

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 22 October 10 13:27 BST (UK) »
Hello William,

If you look at Free BMD  http://www.freebmd.org.uk/
you can search for births - there are three O'Fallon births which are post 1916 which show mother's name McIlvenna. Before this time, the registers didn't give mother's name.
William and Ada married 1902 so there were probably a few children born before 1916.
If you then look at 1911 census http://www.1911census.co.uk/
 there is a free index to search and then you can download (for a fee) the census page of your family.
If you use the surname and then the  'other members of the household' part at the bottom of the search box, you can check that you have the right family.

regards
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline WILLIAM MCNALLY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 22 October 10 15:46 BST (UK) »
Hello William,

If you look at Free BMD  http://www.freebmd.org.uk/
you can search for births - there are three O'Fallon births which are post 1916 which show mother's name McIlvenna. Before this time, the registers didn't give mother's name.
William and Ada married 1902 so there were probably a few children born before 1916.
If you then look at 1911 census http://www.1911census.co.uk/
 there is a free index to search and then you can download (for a fee) the census page of your family.
If you use the surname and then the  'other members of the household' part at the bottom of the search box, you can check that you have the right family.

regards
heywood

thank you for your message , as iam new to this , the 1911 ceusus looks a great site , but but dont have funds at moment to search that site , due to being out of work ill at moment , so thought ill look up my family tree to pass time away while i get over ilness , but thanks for ur help .

regaurds william anthony mcnally
IAM WILLIAM ANTHONY MCNALLY MY NAMES IAM SEARCHING FOR ARE , MCNALLY , O'FALLON , MULHALL AND KINSELLA

FATHER WILLIAM MATHEW MCNALLY  ,  HIS FATHER THOMAS MCNALLY BORN ABT 1909 AND WENT TO AUSTRALIA AROUND LATE 40S ,  HIS FATHER WAS JOHN PATRICK MCNALLY  ALL FROM LIVERPOOL AREA AS FAR AS I KNOW
MY FATHER MUM WAS ELSIE VERONICA O;FALLON , AND HER FATHER WAS WILIIAM REDMOND O'FALLON , AND HIS FATER WAS MATHEW REDMOND O'FALLON  WILLIAM REDMOND WAS BORN 1872 .

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 22 October 10 15:51 BST (UK) »
I understand and you will get hooked!

You can search the indexes though for free and can often get quite a bit of information from there - children etc.

Offline WILLIAM MCNALLY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 22 October 10 16:12 BST (UK) »
thanks for ur help , to be honest its doing my head to find out abt my grandfather , i know his name thomas mcnally and born abt 1909 , was born in liverpool , he married in 1934 to elsie vernica ofallon , he left mt nan in the late 40s to australia , me dad di not speak much abt him said he was a bit of a nasty guy , i know he was a marine fireman , but thats all i know , his father is on his marriage certicate john patrick mcnally , and love to know his wife and the year he was born , it says thomas mcnally was age 25 on his marriage certifcate they where married 10th aug 1934 so i work it out around 1909 on his birth , so if i can get link to his mum and dad john patrick mcnally .

reguards  william anthony mcnally

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 22 October 10 16:37 BST (UK) »
If you look on Lancashire BMD there is one marriage for a John P McNally- no John Patricks but lots of John McNally.
http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/

The one who is a possible fit- John P McNally married a Rose McVey in 1908 in West Derby so that would fit.
Free BMD has him as John Patrick McNally- getting more hopeful. :D
There is a Thomas McNally born 1909.

If you look again at Free BMD and enter McNally and mother's surname McVey - there are lots of children born after 1911 to this couple. Perhaps some of the names will be familiar in the family.

To make sure you have the right people here, you will have to get a marriage certificate to find their father's names. So these may have to wait a while.

Offline WILLIAM MCNALLY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 22 October 10 16:56 BST (UK) »
If you look on Lancashire BMD there is one marriage for a John P McNally- no John Patricks but lots of John McNally.
http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/

The one who is a possible fit- John P McNally married a Rose McVey in 1908 in West Derby so that would fit.
Free BMD has him as John Patrick McNally- getting more hopeful. :D
There is a Thomas McNally born 1909.

If you look again at Free BMD and enter McNally and mother's surname McVey - there are lots of children born after 1911 to this couple. Perhaps some of the names will be familiar in the family.

To make sure you have the right people here, you will have to get a marriage certificate to find their father's names. So these may have to wait a while.

[/quot

thanks very much it does sound promising , u said look after 1911 there are other children , cant seem to find it ill keep searching , but sounds promising , thank you

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 22 October 10 17:01 BST (UK) »
Just go to Free BMD site
look for births
Surname: McNally
Mother's Surname: McVey

date range from 1911 - leave the end date open

District: Liverpool

hope that helps  :)

Offline WILLIAM MCNALLY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 22 October 10 17:13 BST (UK) »
it does look promising and mcvey family lived in next street to where most of family are from , of scotland rd in liverpool , ive seen all there kids , but thomas seems there is no link to mcvey and mcnally marriage married 1908 , but there first child seems to be 1911 daughter and then abt another 8 kids , but thomas must of been first born 1909 , but there is a strong lin.k john patrick and rose mcvey , thanks for your help