Author Topic: SUMMERHAYES family  (Read 7985 times)

Offline DRH123

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: SUMMERHAYES family
« Reply #9 on: Friday 07 August 15 22:22 BST (UK) »
Hi
These details from a marriage notice in  Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser - Thursday 10 June 1813 - now become relevant:
31st ult. [May 1813] at West Monkton, Mr. Joseph Hickman, mercer, of Taunton, to Miss Lewis, of Bathpool.
If only it had recorded Miss Lewis's Christian name .....  ::)

She was Cecelia.

http://freereg2.freereg.org.uk/search_records/5510737fe9379002713d93bf?search_id=55c51fb2f4040be2040004ab

The baptism of Louisa was at St Leonard's Shoreditch and can be seen on Familysearch and other sites. (The address is Wilson Street.)

David

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 08 August 15 05:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you, David.

Sadly, the death of 'Mrs Hickman in Middle-street' only received a one-liner in the local Taunton paper in February 1837, without further description, but recorded Cecilia aged 44 in Taunton St James' PR. I've yet to encounter a press report of the death of Louisa Summerhayes, 79, registered Taunton 1Q 1894, who had been elected for an annual pension of £15, payable monthly, from the Taunton Town Charity in 1890.

dee-jay
SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

Census information: Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kimvee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 08 August 15 17:58 BST (UK) »
HI, I see David gave the details on the Baptism. I will look into the marriage. I was for some reason leaning toward Cecilia Smith. The probate for Louisa Summerhayes shows she died March 19, 1894 the beneficiary was Albert Goodman chartered Accountant.

Offline tom davis

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 10 December 17 06:47 GMT (UK) »
lyraea if your still out there  .  Herbert Edward summerhayes jeboult  was my great grandfather .  henrietta may caroline jeboult   my grandmother. I have summerhayes family back to  1600s. contact me  if I can help you    regards  tom ....