Author Topic: Mclaughlins, Bolies Co,Derry  (Read 5975 times)

Online Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mclaughlins, Bolies Co,Derry
« Reply #9 on: Monday 13 September 10 19:50 BST (UK) »
Filling in the census data, a bit more, here's Michael in 1911, now  a widower, with 5 children.

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Faughanvale/Bolie/593300/

Elwyn
Elwyn

Offline faeone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 13 September 10 20:05 BST (UK) »
Alice's Dad may have been in the Indian Army and then lived in Portsmouth after leaving the Army or indeed while still in. What is his profession on the 1911 census?  Worth checking out military births overseas which will give Father's regiment.

Second Point. My brother-in-Law is Christopher Mclaughlin
Yes he was in the Indian Army he was a sergeant my dad says he died in Rangoon Burma of Malaria around the age of 34 I have tried to find a record of his death and of Alices birth and had no luck were guessing he died 1890 round about ???
would'nt it be funny if your Christopher was my Christopher maybe long lost cousin  :D
Doherty Co.Donegal, McLaughlin Co.Derry and Co.Donegal ,Doyle Moville Co.Donegal

Offline faeone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 13 September 10 20:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks Elwyn so much info my dad and Aunt will be amazed and happy !
Doherty Co.Donegal, McLaughlin Co.Derry and Co.Donegal ,Doyle Moville Co.Donegal

Offline devoncoach

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 13 September 10 20:39 BST (UK) »
Hi again, I've just spoken to my brother in law. He thinks his family are from Drumohighre (forgive the spelling) in County Slygo.  His greatgrandfather was married to a McGoldrick.  Does that help?

Offline faeone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 13 September 10 20:58 BST (UK) »
not at the moment but you never know haha ;D

Offline se1paul

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 18 January 17 17:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi faeone
I know it has been over 6 years since you posted about the McLaughlin family from Bolie.
Hopefully you are still a member of roots chat.
You mentioned Michael, Joseph and Owen Mclaughlin and their sister Minnie.   
I'm currently researching them.  I found the family in the 1901 census living at 65 Spencer Road, Derry and later in the 1911 census living in Winetavern Street, Dublin. 

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/Waterside/Spencer_Road/1540719/
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Wood_Quay/Winetavern_Street/68089/

Owen was born in 1914 so is not listed on the census.
My maternal grandmother was Maggie McLaughlin and her dad was James, or Michael James Mclaughlin born about 1852 but unsure where, and he died in 1891. We are unsure how he was related to Michael, Joseph and Owen. 
Michael and Joseph became famous in Ireland and America for their stained glass, sculptures, paintings and religious banners but unfortunately apart from some pictures of their works, we have been unable to find more information about them.  If I could get your email address I can send you all the information I have about them including pictures of their work etc.   
my email address is (*)   

Hopefully you are well and would love to hear from you soon.
Many thanks
Paul Merrigan.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php