Author Topic: Ellen Elizabeth Covell 1852 Worstead  (Read 4582 times)

Offline pamdragon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen Elizabeth Covell 1852 Worstead
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 15 September 10 19:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks Trevor for your last, it's added to my list.

Trish, you have now opened another can of worms for me. Yes, years ago I found the 1871 census for Fred and Elizabeth Hood, (saved it to) probably noticed that Rebecca was born in Middesex but didn't give it a thought, I had found Fred and Elizabeth's marriage and Rebecca's baptism and ignored where the census said she was born. Oh silly me. I have just found the reference to Rebecca's birth...........another certificate to order. She was born before Elizabeth married Fred!!!
Now I must wait to see if the certificate revels who her father was. Knowing what I know about the Hoods, can't imagine what Fred was doing in Peckham at that time. Another mystery to solve. But as you say, it's fun.

Pam

Offline johnchat47

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 02 January 17 21:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trisha

Thanks for some of the information. I believe I am the great, great granddaughter of Robert Buttle. Who moved to Seaton Delaval with his maternal grandparents. I believe his mother and some of his siblings ended up in the workhouse on the death of his father William Buttle (West Beckham Union workhouse, Erpringham if I am correct.) I believe I can fill in some of the gaps for you if you do not know this information already as I see it is a while since your post. Robert died in a fall of coal at North Seaton Colliery I think it was about March 1889 (More details of this can be found in Durham Mining Musuem website.) He is buried in St Mary the Virgin Church at Woodhorn, near Newbiggin by the Sea, Northumberland. He was only 32 and left behind a wife Harriet nee Coxford and four children. My great grandfather George William Buttle the other children were Edward, Lavina and Ethel I believe these children took their stepfathers name of Lynn. Harriet remarried the twice widowed William Lynn who also had four children from the two previous marriages. They had two further children together and her brother John also lived with them at the time of the 1901 census. They lived in Acklington Street, Amble.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 03 January 17 10:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi johnchat47,
Welcome to Rootschat,

I am not related to the Families being researched.
I was just helping pamdragon who was the original person who asked about the Covells.
If Pam has the same email she wil be notified of your query/info. She has not been on Rootchat since 2013.

If you need any help with the Buttles just ask.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 03 January 17 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Just in case you dont have this;

BAPTISMS;
St Botoloph, Trunch, Norfolk
WILLIAM Buttle, 24 June 1835 (birth 24 May 1835)
ROBERT Buttle, 10 Feb 1839 (birth 11 Jan 1839)
JAMES Buttle, 1 May 1842 (birth 4 Narch 1842)
Parents JOHN/MARIA
Fathers Occp Labourer

MARRIAGE;
Same Church
14 Nov 1834
John BUTTLE, Singleman to Maria LEE, Singlewoman
Witnesses, James Martin/Elizabeth Lee

New GRO index has John Buttle as age 36 on his 1848 Death Reg (1812)

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)