Author Topic: Aghalurcher Graveyard Burial Register  (Read 30697 times)

Offline Rustyscupp

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Aghalurcher Graveyard Burial Register
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 09 January 11 20:13 GMT (UK) »
KDDA

No not sure, just "Ive been told MAY be held at Sallaghy church",  its one of my quests when visiting later this year.

However I'm also told burials were performed there until quite recently, so there must be some kind of a record somewhere.

I have a first cousin twice removed that was buried there in 1984.

I think the post by Hallmark about Undertakers may be worth following up also.

Rusty
Fermanagh, N.Ireland. Gardiner, Bryans, Clingan, Fawcett, Downey, Armstrong and any marriages into Gardiner or Bryans (incl Variants of all names).
Gardiner in Victoria, Australia.
Ireland names in Lanarkshire & Midlothian, Scotland.
Gray & Jamieson Names in Unst Shetland Is.

Offline fermanaghroots

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 09 January 11 20:17 GMT (UK) »
Do you have a name?

Offline Rustyscupp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 09 January 11 20:22 GMT (UK) »
Edward Andrew Gardiner b.21 Sep 1895 at Derryadd, Galloon. Married Anna Evelyn Buchanan Dec 1949 at Carrick on Shannon, Leitrim. He died 3 Jun 1984.
Fermanagh, N.Ireland. Gardiner, Bryans, Clingan, Fawcett, Downey, Armstrong and any marriages into Gardiner or Bryans (incl Variants of all names).

Offline fermanaghroots

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 09 January 11 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Interesting !!

Ive found a Edward Andrew Gardiner who was known as "Andy".   He wasn't CoI so no point in trying Sallaghy.  I believe he was a Methodist at Lisnaskea (need to confirm via phone call)

His father was also Edward, hence being known as Andy and had a brother (Name omitted due to possibly still living) who never married.

Awaiting phone call for more info.  Does this sound like your guy?

Offline Rustyscupp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 10 January 11 17:34 GMT (UK) »
KDDA

Yes sounds like him but have all the info, I know his daughter (2nd cousin 1x removed), and am in contact with her. His brother was James Henry born 9 Dec 1893, Died  14 Mar 1976. And yes this part of the family became Methodists, although earlier generations were COI. There was also a daughter Sarah Jane that married a James Leemon, and I am in contact with their son also. Their parents were Edward Gardiner born 18 Dec 1859, Died abt 1946 Married to Elizabeth (Lizzy) Henderson born 18 Jan 1868 at Belturbet, Co Cavan, died 8 may 1859, they were married 5 Mar 1893 at Drumlane Co Cavan. I can identify and trace this family back another 2 generations, because there is a family Bible, that has a lot of the data in it (but not all for the other branches of the family including my own).

These are not the ones I need it's earlier ones, that's why I am looking to find a "burial register" for the cemetery. So I may be able to identify others that may be related that I don't know about, or as yet have been unable to link to my family. Therefore I am searching for ALL Gardiners or Bryans family that may be buried there. I already have the "published" known headstones that are recorded there, what I seek are the burials that have no headstone.

I know you are trying to help, and I am gratefull. I have compiled all (but occasionally find something new) the data available on the internet for both Gardiner & Bryans in the whole of Fermanagh. In a lot of cases the problem is linking into family group's so any and all info helps, often burial records record others eg; James son of Edward of Derrylee, sometimes just a name & date which is not so helpful.

One I seek for sure is my Gt Grandmother Mary Frances (Fanny) Gardiner Nee Bryans Born about 1862 Died ? she is shown on the 1901 & 1911 census living at Dernish Is. So died after 1911, no other info available apart from 2 sons moved to Belfast area & 1 to England between 1914 & 1924. And no the Mary Frances Gardiner shown buried at shankhill Cemetery Belfast is not her.

Rusty

Offline Rustyscupp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 13 January 11 13:08 GMT (UK) »
Found this pic there may be more to see after all!

Offline animaldrum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 16 January 11 21:21 GMT (UK) »
hi rusty i am married to a gardiner in england grand father joseph alexander gardiner from derrnish

Offline Rustyscupp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 17 January 11 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Animaldrum,

Whats your husbands/wifes mothers First name?

I suspect I know who you are, but cannot use the PM system until you have posted over 3 messages.

Rusty

Offline animaldrum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 19 January 11 22:21 GMT (UK) »
rusty
father in law know as don which may sort out if you know me, just new to this trying to get the hang of it
animaldrum