Author Topic: BREW family  (Read 11078 times)

Offline chattygirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BREW family
« on: Friday 17 September 10 14:23 BST (UK) »
Have been doing some IOM research and found my great great grandfather Caesar BREW burial place in Onchan with Rebecca his wife. Keen to establish other family links.

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: BREW family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 September 10 16:21 BST (UK) »
presume you have tried http://brew.clients.ch/BrewONS.htm and also http://www.isle-of-man.com/cgi-bin/interests/genealogy/bulletin/index.pl?noframes; where Sue is active in Brew name.
There is an interesting query - the marriage  Lezaye 18761230 is to a Rebecca Cubbon - however the rebecca in the 1881 census (w/o rly worker Caesar) would appear to match rebecca cowley - I can't find any rebecca cubbon in 1861 census - did you resolve this - if she was a cowley then I probably have more - Caesar also appears to be something of a mystery - s/o Wm + Mary Cowley - Mary had an illeg ch margt by a wm brew then appears as mary brew in 1851 as married but no husb present as a labourer aged 32 at Rhenny moar Jurby (d/o Hugh Cowley + cath lawson) all ch indicated as illeg in regs - in 1861 aged 42 at Guilcagh in Andreas with 49 year old Wm + 8 yr old Caesar (bur age 45 Onchan 18980325) + several other child

did you resolve this or have I merely confused 2 mary 'brew's
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline chattygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 September 10 19:12 BST (UK) »
Hi-thanks for the information. I'm just back from the IOM with loads of paper work to go through. We visited Cesar and Rebeccas grave in Onchan. Ceasar met with an unfortunate accident whilst working on the electric railway in Douglas in 1898. Rebecca was said to have been left with 6 children. Her faimily home we believe to have  been the Cubbon family at the Shipyard gate house in Ramsey.

Thanks for the links.

Offline Kayehelen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 September 13 21:50 BST (UK) »
My family is also descended from Caesar Brew, via William Edward. Would like any info you have. I have his father as William born 1812 but am not sure his father was james married to Margaret. Did you take a photo of the grave as I would love a copy. Any other photos of Caesar or family would be great.
Cheers
Kaye

Offline Christianmay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 09:20 GMT (UK) »
Caesars eldest son William Edward married Eva May Goldsmith. is this your tree?

Offline Kayehelen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Yes that them, son was Sidney Goldsmith Brew born 1905, my husband Simons grandfather. I have been busy writing a book but now will focus on this tree more.

Thanks
Kaye

Offline Christianmay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 07 February 14 18:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kaye.

My name is Helen and Sylvia is my first cousin and of course Simons mother. Uncle Sid and my Dad ,William Douglas (Doug) were brothers. I started the family research about 2004 and been a bit patchy as was working at the time but taken early retirement so a little more time to look at it all. Tony and I went to the IOM and found out quite a bit about Uncle Sids and my Dads grandfather Caesar Brew who we found out was killed on the Manx railway 1898. His eldest child William Edward was the father to Sid and my Dad. I know that Simon was chatting with his Mum over Christmas about family information as Ive just been speaking with Sylvia. We had lost touch but met up at a cousins funeral two years ago and have kept in touch since. I have some paper reports of the accident and happy to send you both a copy if you are happy to pass on your address.
I'm in touch with Sylvia, Peter (Dorothy (Auntie Dolly) Brews . Robert Brew (Uncle Regs son) and his family.
Im building the tree on Ancestry for the Brews and the Goldsmiths. I have some photos of  Christian Goldsmith (mine and Sylvias great grandmother)  Can I help with passing over what I have?  Im also in touch with another cousin in the IOM who is on the Goldsmith side.
Good to chat with you. Hope you and Simon are well.
Helen

Offline Kayehelen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 07 February 14 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Helen

Great to make contact I know Simon misses seeing his mums extended family. I have not been doing the tree too long so would welcome help. I have been writting a book so have not done much this last year but was hoping to get back to doing it. email address removed by moderator ?If you message me I can send my address. I am on ancestry as well.

Thanks for info. Would love to see and pictures.

Kaye

* Please use the private message function for personal messaging

Offline Ian G Brew

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 26 August 20 00:50 BST (UK) »
hello my name is
Ian G brew

I think I'm here for a slightly different resign then other but if you cold help me out that be grate.

what was the early religion or the Brew family and dues any body have any insight to its practice?  or books on the mater out side of just the family?