Author Topic: Offer: Derbyshire Parish records  (Read 56391 times)

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
Re: Offer: Derbyshire Parish records
« Reply #153 on: Saturday 26 November 16 00:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello again Sami..I have searched high and low, as you have..including MATILDA..which of course is the full name of Tilly,,,several possible options, but nowhere in Derbyshire.
I suggest you get the Birth Certificate......don't get it through any websites such as Ancestry, which charge the earth..go to GRO..and it will cost you £9.25. Good luck
Derek

Hi Derek,

Thank you very much for having a look. She is a mystery. I'll go through the GRO and order a PDF cert. which they send by email. It costs 6.00 so it's a good bit less than the usual cost of 9.25.

Thank you again for giving it a try - I really appreciate your help  :)

sami
England:  Archer, Bailey, Bates, Blower, Bosworth, Court, Hicklin, Orton, Palmer, Robbins, Sedgwick, Smith, Stevenson, Stone, Varnam, Wakelin, Walker
Canada:  Archer, Walker, Spencer, Shepherd
Australia:  Taplin
South Africa:  Risley

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: Saturday 26 November 16 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rex.....Very few Glossop Wesleyan and no Wyatt baptisms..was looking at your Ancesty tree..Benjamin (Ben Wyatt) seems to be your earliest and he was married in Anglican Church???
I have Wyatts of various branches back ti Joseph 1789 and James 1767 at Glossop...before that they seem to have been at Appleby parva in leicestershire????
f you give me your Wyatt Grandparents I might be able to find something you don't already know!!

Derek.
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline Lazarus

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Saturday 26 November 16 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Derek
My Wyatts lived at Blackshaw Farm Glossop.
I think tenancy was left to them by John Wood ( not the mill owner).
Most of my data can be found Ancestry at Thomas Family Tree.( Also Rex's Tree)
My known lineage commences with James Wyatt 1767-1840 = Glossop 1789 , Hannah Wood 1765-1838.Parents not known.

My great grandparents:
Joseph Wyatt 1788-1873 = 1823 Glossop , Ellen Bartle 1799-1872

Their children ( up to 1830 bpt Glossop >> then no bpt found ) I have registrations.
Hannah 1818-1861
James 1823-1882
John 1826-1907 may have found recently migrated to Maryborough Queensland.
Dorothy 1838-1892
Cephas 1830-1905
------
Charles 1833- ??? not accounted for.
Mary Ann 1836-1897
Ellen 1838-1922
Joseph 1842-1911 = 1863 Wesleyan Chapel Glossop , Martha Garlick Hadfield 1838-1893 came to Australia.
Thomas 1844-1911 = 1874 Audenshaw , Sarah Jane Stone , then came to Australia.

Benjamin Wyatt related but a branch.

I will be most appreciative if you can help me.

Rex
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.

Offline jessmas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: Saturday 25 February 17 21:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Derek
I am looking for the names of the parents of Horace Wright born in the 3rd quarter 1917 and registered in Chesterfield. He died 1st August 1987, Chesterfield.
He married Martha Parkin in 1940, Chesterfield and married again to Florence Broadhead in 1964, Dronfield.
Thanking in advance
Steve
New Zealand

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: Sunday 26 February 17 13:19 GMT (UK) »
deleted
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: Monday 27 February 17 22:10 GMT (UK) »
Steve,,you'll need to purchase the actual Certificates of at a cost of £9.25.
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline bmortin9

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: Saturday 28 July 18 11:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Derek,
Did you find any info regarding Robert Mortin at Matlock records office? , sorry been away from this for a while due to personal issues,

Thanks,
Barry Mortin
bmortin9@hotmail.com

Online ValJJJ

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: Saturday 11 April 20 16:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Derek

Would you happen to have time to see if you have a record of a marriage at Normanton Road Congregational Chapel in Derby please?  William Wardman married a widow Charlotte Ann Crook nee West in Q4 of 1902.

Thanks very much.

Val

Crook, Bannister, Warren

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: Monday 13 April 20 09:36 BST (UK) »
Hello Val....unfortunately i do not have those records; but they are, or would be in normal times, available at Derbyshire Records Office at Matlock.............which of course is shut due to certain current conditions. All is not lost..if and when the world returns to what some of us regard as normal..the records you are looking for are specifically Marriages 1899-1903 D4931/2/1.
If  things do return to normal and you are unable to get to Matlock..give me a yell.
All the best Derek.

Later..I don't know where you are in you research into this family..but I've had a quick look around.and Charlotte didn't seem to have had a very happy time..born 1869..seems to have married George Crook and been left a widow with two children by 1901..then married William Wardman in 1902.......who incidentally I can't find!!  and neither of them appear to be on the 1911.