Author Topic: Offer: Derbyshire Parish records  (Read 56530 times)

Offline Di33

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Derbyshire Parish records
« Reply #36 on: Monday 04 June 12 16:35 BST (UK) »
Good Afternoon Derek

I wonder if you sould mind doing an Ilkeston Burial look up for me please (if you have the registers)
I am searching for where my great great grandmother is buried.  She isn't at St Marys Church or the 2 cemeteries in Ilkeston - do you have records for Cotmanhay Church?

Her name is Jane Ann Elizabeth Rigley - died in Ilkeston 18 August 1891.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I seem to have hit a brick wall.

Can I also ask if you are able to help with another problem I have still in ilkeston/Cotmanhay.  As per the 1911 Census -  my great great grandparents had 10 children - 7 still living in 1911 - 3 had died.  I can only find 1 child that has died, would you be able to help me find the missing ones? Is this something you can do or is too big an ask? I have the same problem with my great grandparents too.  They had 10 children 6 still living in 1911 - 4 had died I can only find 2 possibly 3.

I would be greatful for any help or advise as I am still new at this and learning as I go along.

Di

Offline Hanford

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 24 June 12 14:55 BST (UK) »
Hello  :)

Would you mind looking up a Thomas Rudkin/Rodkin for me please?  :)
I think he'd have been born around 1780-1805 and possibly died in the 1840s and was a coal miner... 
He baptised 2 of his children ( Thomas & Hannah ) in Belper in 1828 and I am hoping that the reason was because he has some sort of connection to Belper.

He has been my brick wall for years now so hopefully he'll be in one of your records!!  :) :)

Thank you  :)

Offline MissySoo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 17 July 12 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Derek,

Your help would be greatly appreciated in locating any information on the parents of William Towle, Blacksmith of Sandiacre, died 1799.  I believe his father was called William too.

I have looked as far as I can but have had no luck in locating the birth details for William junior, nor the marriage details for his parents.  I know that William junior married Elizabeth Sheepey and have her parents details to hand.

Another pair of eyes may see the wood for the trees  :D

Many thanks for your help with this one !

Soo
Derbys - BLOOD, CHADDOCK, DAKIN, GREGSON, HARDY, HUNT LATHBURY, MANSFIELD, PAKEMAN, RILEY, SALES, TOWLE, TURNER, YATES, WOOLEY
Staffs - PAKEMAN
Notts - CHALLAND, INGER, MORLEY,MOSELY, SHEPHERD
Huddersfield - CHALLAND,HAIGH,
Harwich, Essex - PITCHER
Yorks - HAIGH

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 20 July 12 11:58 BST (UK) »
Hello Soo.......your information is a bit sketchy..and gives me no clue as to when Willam might have been born..so all I can give you is a list of possibles in the sandiacre area, as follows:-
WILLIAM TOWLE batisms......

01.02.1791 at Sawley..son of Edward
26.12.1740 at sawley..son of William
22.07.1719 at Sandiacre..son of Thomas and Barbara
28.12.1713 at Wilne ..son of Mary
23.12. 1701 at Wilne ..son of William and Mary
23.02.1718 at Wilne ..son of Thomas and Mary..

I'll keep looking.

Derek.
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 20 July 12 15:41 BST (UK) »
Derek, i have John Bacon & Hannah, in the 1841 census, a possible marriage is John and Hannah Simpson, Aug , 1791, Duffield, my possible 4 x g. grandparents

Going from the census calculated date of 1791, have you any record of a John Bacon born around that time in Duffield ?
                                             Thank You bodger
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,
Lockett/ Manchester, Harling/ Lancaster & Manchester

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 20 July 12 22:48 BST (UK) »
Hello Bodger........John Bacon, in that area at about that time is a morass!!

There are a lot of JOHN BACONs..several with parents John......and your request is not that clear..you give me a marriage 1791 between John and Hannah in Duffield..so is it the birth of a John Bacon around 1791..or the birth of the John who married Hannah?

Duffield is a Parish in which all Births deaths and marriages took place till about 1800..after which the sepaerate entities of Heanor Belper Alfreton Horsley heage etc//all had theor own parish records.........there are John bacons c1795 in all of these places.........you see the nightmare?

There is an 1841 entry for John Bacon born Duffield 1793..living in the household of JOB BACON..his son ...and there is also a John Bacon transported to Australia for his part in the Pentrich riots!!

any more hints you might have would be usefull in seeinng this through.

Derek.
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 21 July 12 10:09 BST (UK) »
Derek, IGI,, film no 457489, John Bacon, b. about 1766, marriage 14th August 1791 Duffield, to Hannah Simpson, that really is all i know of his past.

To confuse the issue John, b.1766, his grand son John, b. 1833, in his will dated, 6th August 1890 , mentions a George Bacon, of Scarborough  who has bequeathed him £2000.00. because of this bequest, i think there must be a family link.

This George was a lace merchant in Nottingham before he retired to Scarborough.
On tracing this George, i found he was born 1806 to Edward Bacon born 1775, Duffield, Edward married an Elizabeth Flint b.1777, the marriage was in Nottingham, 13 June 1804
My "gut" feeling is that John, b, 1766, and Edward, b. 1775 were brothers, but i cannot find the link, as you say theres a lot of Bacons in that area.
                                                         Tony aka, bodger
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,
Lockett/ Manchester, Harling/ Lancaster & Manchester

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 21 July 12 14:14 BST (UK) »
Ok Tony..try this:-

JOHN BACON 24.03.1765..EDWARD BACON 09.12.1776..brothers...sons of Edward and Ann..at South Normanton......same general area as all the Duffield villages..........

Derek.

Offline Ros50

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Towle of Sandiacre d1799
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 22 July 12 23:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Derek - and Soo

Just found the marriage of William Towle and Elizabeth Sheepy in Sandiacre in 1755 on Philimore's Index and it says they used a licence.  Elizabeth's age is given as 26 and William's as 21, so for a ball-park birth-year we have 1734. 

The only one I've been able to find is Attenborough Notts 1733, parents William Towle of Stapleford Notts and Sarah Oldershaw of Chilwell p. Attenborough, who married in 1730 in St Nicholas Nottingham - also with a licence.  Their children were baptised in Attenborough but the ones who died were buried in Stapleford.  Still pondering this one ... 

Best Regards
Ros