Author Topic: Michael Newman of Kinsale  (Read 8430 times)

Offline celtic liberty

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Allihies, West Cork, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Newman of Kinsale
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 21 September 10 12:00 BST (UK) »
Hi ,

I was at St Multose church recently and found some Newman, Arnopp, & Gimblett headstones which are probably some of your family members.

I will attach a couple of photos here if I can and if you would like some more just send me an PM.

There is one for Catherine Newman, also Reuben Newman and his son George.  Another for Benjamin Arnopp whose father was Robert Arnopp and mother Dora Ann Newman.  He was lost at sea on the SS Anglo Australian 1938,

Also one for a H. Newman  seaman RNR 1744C M.F.A. "Harden" d 22 Feb 1949 age 46

Several others.

Hope they help The file is too large so I have to minimize the photos, will send them in a second post

Mary
Celtic Liberty
Bradfield, Buckley, Capels,Cronin, Desmond, Leonard, Lombard,Mullins, O'Brien,

Offline celtic liberty

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 21 September 10 12:07 BST (UK) »
Photos
Mary
Celtic Liberty

Offline Sarah Cornish

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 21 September 10 14:55 BST (UK) »
hi
i'm new to all this but i think i might have a link for this Newman/Arnopp family.
My Great-grandfather was Reuben Newman (merchant seaman) born 1880 i think, however his record in Southampton declares 1877 as his date of birth.
He was married to Eleanor Arnopp and they had 3 chidren i think, Eleanor, Sarah (my grandmother) and Mary Newman.
I'm trying to trace back from Reuben to find out who were his parents, siblings etc.
Can anyone help??
yours in faith
Sarah Cornish

Offline eial

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 23 September 10 11:15 BST (UK) »
To Celtic Liberty
to Celtic Liberty

Hi there,
I just want to thank you for the wonderful series of photos of St. Multose headstone you have sent to me, it was a lovely and unexpected bonus.    I do appreciate the time  :Dyou have taken to do this.
And it makes me feel closer to the past family members.

The ones for Reuben Newman, and James Arnopp and wife Sarah, are definitely our family; Reuben and Sarah being my grandfather's siblings.   

Many thanks again for your help.

Regards

Offline eial

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 23 September 10 11:20 BST (UK) »
to Sarah Cornish

Hi Sarah,
Just wondering if you received the personal message I sent to you - being new to this site, I hope I did it right.    If not,  maybe you could reply here and I can give you the information again.

Regards

Offline Sarah Cornish

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 23 September 10 11:48 BST (UK) »
hi got the message but as i was in work yesterday when i got it, i didn't have any of my details as they were all at home.
Brought them in today adn will have a look through them all and try adn match up details i have with yours.
I think we're along the same lines, i just may have a few names out of place on my charts here.
I think the 7th child in the Newmans may have been a Hannah (listed as a step sister). The only others i have are Michael, Jane Bailey, Reuben, Sarah, Henry & Catherine.
I'll be in touch if i find out anymore. I'm trying to figure out what relation you might be then. Would you be my Dad's cousin once removed?

Offline eial

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 23 September 10 12:11 BST (UK) »
To Sarah Cornish
Pleased to hear from you again.
That would make sense about Hannah, as my aunty did say there were seven children from the first marriage;  though I wonder why she was listed as a step-sister, whereas Sarah was listed as "sister".     I didn't think she could have been from the second family as her age would have put her between two of the Gimlett step-sons (from Mary's first marriage). 
"Celtic Liberty" has sent me many photos from headstones in St. Multose's churchyard, Kinsale, and one contains the name of Reuben Newman (though misspelt) and the dates fit.
I am not sure exactly what relationship we are, I have a table somewhere, but it was very exciting to make contact with another member of the family.     I have just sent an email to my cousins in Wales filling them in on all the new discoveries.
Look forward to hearing from you again.    If you would prefer we could correspond by email if you would find that easier.     I think we have to arrange that by a personal message.
Kind regards

Offline celtic liberty

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 23 September 10 20:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Eial,

Delighted that you appreciated my efforts, glad to be able to help in some small way.

Mary
Celtic liberty

Offline valerie.oldham

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 15 August 15 18:43 BST (UK) »
My husbands grandmother was jane bailey newman  from kinsale