Author Topic: FRIEND FAUCHON, Langdon Hills, ESSEX  (Read 7481 times)

Offline emmalydia

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
FRIEND FAUCHON, Langdon Hills, ESSEX
« on: Tuesday 21 September 10 07:17 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,  I am researching from Australia and am hoping for some assistance with the following - my 3xggrandfather Friend Fauchon b Kent abt 1791 married Sarah Ann Roberts at St Alphage Greenwich 1816.  Their first three children, according to the IGI, were Sarah Elizabeth b 1817, Friend Jnr b 1818 and Elizabeth b 1819 and all are listed as being baptised at Langdon Hills, Essex.  There is then a gap and subsequent children commencing Robert b 1824 are bap Greenwich & Deptford.  From 1824 I have a great deal of information on the family but nothing for the Essex years.  Friend snr was a victualler and publican through all the census records.  I would love some information of the years in Essex and would like to know what happened to Friend jnr. as I can find no record of him anywhere apart from the baptism.  Have all info on other two children. I found the name as FANCHON in the IGI and have also found records under FANCHOM.    I thought there may be some Directories that I can't access.  Anyway TIA to anyone who can help me.
Emmalydia

Offline Sharon01

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: FRIEND FAUCHON, Langdon Hills, ESSEX
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 September 10 07:28 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I don't know if you have all these children but will post them anyway. Parents Friend & Sarah Ann Fauchon

James 1820 Maidstone, Kent
William 1822 Maidstone, Kent
Robert 1824 Greenwhich, Kent
Harriot 1826 Deptford, Kent
Sophia 1828 Deptford, Kent
Louisa 1831 Deptford, Kent
Caroline 1833 Deptford, Kent
Henry 1836 Greenwhich, Kent

Sharon
Fagan/England/Ireland
Aldridge/London
Sills/London/Kent
Hartwell/London
Salkeld/Cumberland/Northumberland
Robinson/London
Stewart/Ireland/Scotland/England

Offline emmalydia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 September 10 08:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much Sharon, I had a feeling there were a couple of children missing between 1819 and 1824.  I see they were born Maidstone - Friend Snr was born Bearstead nearby so that fits in nicely.   That gives me a new thread to follow.
Emmalydia
 :)

Offline Rah1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 January 15 13:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am also searching for the birth or baptism of my great great grandfather, Friend Fauchon. According to 1841 and 1851 census returns he was born in Bearsted, near Maidstone, Kent in either 1788 or about 1791. ( definitely the same person, just the dob difference as result of the 1841 census rounding ages to nearest 5 years) I believe he was likely to have been the son of John Fauchon ( born Wilmington Kent 1740) who married Susanna Russell at Allington 18.10.1769, but I can not find a baptism to prove this. I have found records of 7 of their children, the last 4 of whom were born in Bearsted, where Friend was born. I think it possible that Friend came between Jane, born Bearsted 1784, and William, born 1790 Bearsted. Friend was a witness to the marriage of one of John and Susanna's children, which suggests a link. I have been searching for this missing link for years ! Do let me know if you have found him. Thanks.

Offline emmalydia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 04 January 15 22:01 GMT (UK) »
How wonderful to hear from you.  I now have proof and much more info.  There appears to be no baptismal record for Friend but I also deduced that John was his father and have found his Will in which Friend is mentioned.  So, also after years of looking for absolute proof, I found it and much more.  Was a very good moment in my research quest.  National Archives UK has a mistake in the index of John Fauchon's Will that is deceiving but it is now available through Ancestry anyway.  I have been writing a story about the family and have a transcript of the Will.  Would love to correspond with you and also know who you are.  I haven't used this site for some time.  Would you like to get in touch privately and how do we arrange that? 

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 05 January 15 11:11 GMT (UK) »
hi both
rah1 needs to make 2 more posts then you can both use the pm service here , but please dn,t post e mail addresses on the open forum in case they get lifted for spamming purposes or worse .
all the best for the new year
trevor
morters-cambs-norfolk   clements london    copas newington
went colchester essex    goodey essex -suffolk

Offline Jolee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 05 January 15 13:39 GMT (UK) »
Slightly confused as on his marriage cert Friend states he came from Langdon Hills in the county of Essex, I have found the baptisms for the first two at Langdon Hills but not Elizabeth's

Offline nannyj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 05 January 15 15:56 GMT (UK) »
Was the marriage in Greenwich? Tha address would only be his residence, not his birthplace?
Jamiesons, Martins and McGonigals of Coleraine, Londonderry
and
Cullens, Grahams and Challenors of Dublin county and city.

Offline Jolee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 05 January 15 20:30 GMT (UK) »
It was at St Alphege church Greenwich on 13/07/1816 witnessed by Harriet Fauchon, Ann Roberts Sophia Roberts and what looks like H or R Roberts.