Author Topic: percy fitzpatrick bromfield  (Read 11290 times)

Offline Dinnys

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: percy fitzpatrick bromfield
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 09 November 13 04:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi All, I hope you dont mind, I am also Researching these Bromfields.
My Great Grandfather is Percy William Bromfield, son of Percy Fitzpatrick Bromfield.

TYSON,HERRING,MAGILL,POTTER,BROMFIELD,FITZPATRICK,LEWIS,O'BRIEN,LETIECQ/LETICQ,WILLIAMS,CAIN,DWYER,BARNES.

Offline revlex

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 06 January 14 06:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Percy Fitzpatrick Bromfield is my 2nd great grandfather on my mother's side. Thanks for the information in this thread. It has been very helpful.

Offline revlex

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 06 January 14 06:27 GMT (UK) »
I have had a great interest in Percy Fitzpatrick too and I concur with the findings so far. He lived in Much Park Street in the 1820s and obviously had a strong relationship with Fanny Bromfield to have three children by her. I followed up his military service which was in the 51st regiment of foot where it appears that he served from 1810-1814 after which he retired on a 1/2 pay (not certain what this means). The records show that he was about age 15 when he started as a general medical hand. It is a good way to learn about human anatomy I suspect.

Offline revlex

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 06 January 14 06:30 GMT (UK) »
I managed to locate Percy Fitzpatrick's war medals as well. They are located in the regimental museum which is a part of the Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery in the UK. I'd love a picture of them if anyone lives nearby or goes there. Happy to share any more info or connect with anyone who is similarly interested.

Offline Dinnys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 06 January 14 10:59 GMT (UK) »
I have an interest in his service records too revlex, and would love to share information with all, If you wish to participate I would love to hear from you via private message, to see where we all fit, and where we are from.

Dinnys
TYSON,HERRING,MAGILL,POTTER,BROMFIELD,FITZPATRICK,LEWIS,O'BRIEN,LETIECQ/LETICQ,WILLIAMS,CAIN,DWYER,BARNES.

Offline baileys bairn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 04 November 15 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Jennette Eliza Bromfield was my great grandmother,so I was delighted to see more info on the family, especially the mysterious Percy and siblings.Thanks.
Jennette went on to marry Henry Horatio Bailey.

Offline Bonnie D

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 07 January 18 18:26 GMT (UK) »
I know it has been a while since anyone posted on this thread but it has been fascinating reading to me, I think Thomas Lingard Bromfield may be the father of my GG grandmother Frances Fairbrother (Bromfield).  I read from some of the posts about a Dublin connection and have been told that we have a Coventry connection! Any help to make this connection is much appreciated.

Offline baileys bairn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 07 January 18 21:43 GMT (UK) »
Thomas Lingard Bromfield was a 1st cousin 3x removed and Jennette Eliza was my great grandmother. She lived in Far Gosford Street Coventry with her son and his wife Charles James Bromfield Bailey until her death in 1917.

Offline Bonnie D

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 08 January 18 21:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Thanks so much for the prompt reply, its great to get any information.  I think Thomas Lingard Bromfield was my GGG grandfather through his daughter, Frances who married Samuel Osborne Fairbrother in Dublin in 1876.  I know nothing about the Coventry side of the family so its great to hear anything!!  I'm especially interested in Frances Bromfield, Thomas's mother, and who his father is?
Thanks again
BonnieD