Author Topic: Hexham _ Willie Weir  (Read 2539 times)

Offline squirejay

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hexham _ Willie Weir
« on: Thursday 23 September 10 21:31 BST (UK) »
Am looking to contact the descendants of Willie Weir who lived in Hexham up til about the 60's and had a daughter,
Willie was born around 1900 to 1910 and died 25 to 30 years ago.

ever hopeful

Squirejay
GIBSON- Berwickshire(Coldingham, Edrom) & Northumberland(Berwick-upon-Tweed & Morpeth)
NAPIER in Edinburgh from 1700
ROBSON- Roxburgh(Kelso, Hawick & Jedburgh):~
DODS or DODDS Hawick, Kelso)
ELDERS (Hawick/Borders)
HOPPER- (Greenlaw and area)
KENNEDY- (Roxburghshire, Lillesleaf)
BLACK (Lanarkshire before 1861, Edinburgh after 1861 census )

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hexham _ Willie Weir
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 September 10 09:28 BST (UK) »
If you can help with this please reply by personal message as we cannot give any details of living people on rootschat.
Andrea

Offline squirejay

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 January 17 19:54 GMT (UK) »
I think I have some more details about this family.
William Usher Weir born 1860 at Bywell in Northumberland and married in Edinburgh in 1899 to Rachel Falconer White. they had three children Isabella Mary and Margaret Gray in 1902 and William Alexander in 1906Feb 1st or 10th. they lived in Hexham, and he was a Printer Compositor.
I have found on the 1939 register Wm A Weir with his mother Rachel F Weir and a Ellen Weir, (his wife), a retired State Reg Nurse. I think this Wm A is the Willie Weir I am Looking for and I also think I may have stumbled upon the direct link to my own family through Rachel F Weir, having a 2 x Gr Grand Father called William GIBSON born c1821.
Any conformation about any of thses fact or extra info would be appreciated
regards
Squirejay
GIBSON- Berwickshire(Coldingham, Edrom) & Northumberland(Berwick-upon-Tweed & Morpeth)
ELDERS (Hawick/Borders)

Offline squirejay

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 17 August 17 15:55 BST (UK) »
Whilst on holiday I passed through the Scottish Borders and stopped at Coldingham Priory churchyard to confirm the photo of the Gibson Stone which has several names from my Family Tree including William and Anderson GIBSON, both born in Coldingham around 1818 - 1821.
Also mentioned was Margaret Symington, wife of Anderson

Close by was another stone to an Ebenezer Forsythe 1816 -10th March 1884 at Blackburn and his wife Helen Nelson (1835 - 31 Aug 1887 at Cairncross), together with their third son, John, who died in Edinburgh on 8th Dec 1906 aged 38 years . Ebenezer's brother William 1815 married Julia Lough 1816-? and their first born also was Ebenezer, who married into the Gibson family, Alice 1855  - ? in 1876.
This was originally posted under Northumberland, and Hexham, for Willie Weir. Maybe better in the Berwickshire page!
Squirejay
ELDERS (Hawick/Borders)

Offline squirejay

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 22 December 18 15:45 GMT (UK) »
over two years since last posted on this stream, but now looking at Isabella Gibson b 1852 in Berwick, d May 88 in Hexham, (she was one  of the daughters of my 2 x great grand father, William Gibson and his wife Rachel Falconer), who married Alexander Paterson White b 1846 Hexham, Marr Oct 1873 d 1911 Ayton. they had the following children:-
Rachel Falconer White born in COLDINGHAM in 1873 - 1961, marr Wm Usher Weir 1869 - 1934,
James White  1876    marr Catherine Fellowes
Wm Gibson White 1877 - 1968  marr Elizabeth Brown 1879 - ? marr 5 Nov 1902 in Hexham
John White  1880
Ann Alice White 1882 - 1894 marr Percy Dalton Greaves b 1871 in Newcastle d 1971 in London, their daughter Minnie Gibson (Rachel) Greaves b 5 Apr 1911 and died in Nelson NZ on 4 may 1992, she had been in nursing.
Like to know if there is someone out there who has some information regarding Rachel Falconer White and her descendants, if any who have some information.
regards
Squirejay
ELDERS (Hawick/Borders)