Author Topic: William RULE /Agnes YOUNG  (Read 9803 times)

Offline COOLMAX

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William RULE /Agnes YOUNG
« on: Friday 24 September 10 20:54 BST (UK) »
hi folks

trying to find the correct details of the marriage of william rule to agnes young.

i've got two dates, 25th may and 8th june in 1834 both at west linton peebles.

any help about them or their families would be appreciated

best regards

coolmax

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: William RULE /Agnes YOUNG
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 September 10 21:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Coolmax

Sounds like at least one of the dates you have may be banns to the marriage. Whether the last one is the actual date of marriage, you won't be able to tell unless you look at the parish entry (could well be a further reading of the banns).

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline COOLMAX

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 September 10 20:11 BST (UK) »
THANKS MONICA

COULD BE THE BANNS THEN THE MARRIAGE. NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT.

WILL TRY

COOLMAX

Offline gordon59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 October 13 16:46 BST (UK) »
coolmax, i have info on william rule's brothers family. do you by any chance have any info on the father Alexander(?)

Offline COOLMAX

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 16 October 13 21:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Gordon59

My father was William Rule Mclean b. 1909 in Motherwell Lanarkshire. His father was James Robert Mclean b. 1865, and his mother was Margaret Rule b. 1870  and were married in Motherwell in 1892. Her parents were Alex Rule b. 1838 and Elizabeth McIntyre b. 1841 , and were married at Comrie Perth in 1866. Alex Rule's parents were William Rule b. 1808 and Agnes Young b. 1808 and were married at West Linton Peebles 1834.

This makes William and Agnes my grt grt grandparents but I don't have any info on the extended families.

Thanks for the message , and let me know how you get on.

COOLMAX
Moderator Comment: edited to remove capital letters.
See Topic: >>----- Guidelines for Postings / Netiquette -----<< , Reply #2 for explanation.

www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,123033.0.html

Offline gordon59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 17 October 13 15:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Gordon59

My father was William Rule Mclean b. 1909 in Motherwell Lanarkshire. His father was James Robert Mclean b. 1865, and his mother was Margaret Rule b. 1870  and were married in Motherwell in 1892. Her parents were Alex Rule b. 1838 and Elizabeth McIntyre b. 1841 , and were married at Comrie Perth in 1866. Alex Rule's parents were William Rule b. 1808 and Agnes Young b. 1808 and were married at West Linton Peebles 1834.

This makes William and Agnes my grt grt grandparents but I don't have any info on the extended families.

Thanks for the message , and let me know how you get on.

COOLMAX

Hi Coolmax, not sure if i am posting correctly - hope this gets through to you
thanks for the info.  Perhaps you are able to concur with my informal research findings. I have our respective gggrandfathers as brothers ie my Thomas (b 1811) and your William (b 1808). I have Alexander William as their father and that's as far back as I am to date. My gggf Thomas (b 1811) (m Janet Derriman b Lanarkshire) had a son Charles (b 1848) who in turn had a son Andrew (b 1884) who in turn had a son Leslie (b 1921)  - my late dad. I have extended family details on Thomas' side if you are interested. Have you found any other potential distant relatives on line ? Kind regards.
Gordon. 

Offline gordon59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 10:50 GMT (UK) »
Coolmax, have you by any chance found details of the parents of William and Thomas Rule, b 1808 and 1811 respectively in West Linton, Peebles. To my knowledge Alexander was the father b about 1783 in Traquair, Peeblesshire. I will be visiting Scotland (from Australia) early Dec '14 and will be looking for more info at the Register House in Edinburgh.  Please contact me on gordonbrule@gmail.com if you have any info on William and Thomas' parents. Thanks and regards Gordon Rule.