Author Topic: Lambert family Jo  (Read 7602 times)

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Lambert family Jo
« on: Thursday 07 April 05 09:04 BST (UK) »
Walter Edward Lambert born 1912 London  married Louisa Ann Phillips born C1914 .  we know they went to South Africa around the late 1940's  after 1945.

On the LDS site there is a source listed with lots of our family with a Johannesburgh address and one in Berea not very good on geography of SA so not sure if thats in same place. we have tried writing to that address but no reply I realise the likelyhood of these 2 people being alive is slim but hoped descendants would be.

We know they had some children but not their names except for 1  margaret born in england 1942. another cousin has put a message on one of the SA boards but had no luck.

So if there is anyone in South Africa can shed any light I would be eternally grateful :)    sandie
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rutti tutti

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Lambert family Jo
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 April 05 09:29 BST (UK) »
i dont know if this is one of the cousins you know about:
From Rootsweb archive:

April 7th 1938 - Marriage certificate
Walter Edward Lambert 26
Occupation Clerk
Louisa Ann Phillips 24
Married at the Church of England Parish Church, All Saints, Forest Gate,
county of Essex, London
Walters fathers details.
Walter Edward Lambert (same as his son)
Occupation Foreman Lighterman
Louisa's fathers details
Edmund Phillips
Occupation Cabinet maker
Witnessed by:
Eleanor Jane Lambert
Charles George Martin
Vicar
H. Vaughan Edmunds, M.A.

2nd October1942 - Birth certificate
Margaret Ann
(registered by mother on sixteenth October 1942)
Mother - Louisa Ann Lambert (formerly Phillips)
Father - Walter Edward Lambert
No.L1102296 Gunner R.A. (Shipping Clerk)
35 Wellwood Road
Ilford
London (County of Essex)

Thank you
Brenda

Brenda & Tony MacCulloch
2 Hilling Street
Titirangi
Auckland
New Zealand
Email
Tony <ajmac@internet.co.nz.

I have looked in the archives but cannot see a death for walter - but these only go up to 1980
i have phoned the W. E Lambert in the telephone book but he is a William Edward.
As they may well be living why dont you send a desperately seeking note to the local magazineYOU. It may be a few months before it is publisghed but well worth the try as they have amazing results. seeking@you.co.za
Cant find anything else at the moment.
Ruth
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rutti tutti

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 April 05 09:34 BST (UK) »
Forgot to tell you that Berea is a part of Johannesburg but they are likely to have moved out of that area by now.
Ruth

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 April 05 09:41 BST (UK) »
thanks Ruth,

I have been in contact with Brenda and it is partly because of that I am looking and  for another cousin.   do I take it that the William Edward isnt related  names are certainly used a lot in family?
thanks for looking will give magazine a try  sandie
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rutti tutti

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 April 05 09:55 BST (UK) »
No the william Edward is related to Lamberts from Scotland - george something. Spoke to his mother who sounded very old!
magazine is best idea at present.
ruth

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 April 05 11:10 BST (UK) »
thanks Ruth,

have sent message to magazine  see if that brings results

sandie

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 12 July 05 20:12 BST (UK) »
Just trying again, had no reply from magazine at all, not even an acknowledgement any other ideas anyone

sandie

Offline rutti tutti

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 14 July 05 07:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandie,
Try sending letters to the newspapers. If you look at the site iol.co.za it gives the regional newspapers on the left hand side. Under each of these should be a contact us heading and I would write a  letter to the editors. The Sunday Times is not listed here but this is its address
http://www.sundaytimes.co.za/home/index.aspx?Page=ST6P250&MenuItem=ST6P250
you might not think this works but last year I saw a leeter to the editor( and i never read them!) from 2 sisters looking for their mother. They had been taken to England 52 years ago and had lost contact with their mum. A few days prior to reading this I had asked an elderly church friend her maiden name, which was fairly uncommon, and this happened to be the surname the sisters were looking for! In fact this was their mum, father had told mum that all three children had burnt to death! So suddenly she found her daughters that she has had sleepless nights about for years. That is what having a genealogical mind is all about - if I had never asked her her maiden name no one would have put two and two together! So try it and see what happens!
Will still look though - just checked my new cemetery CD with no results though.
Take care
Ruth

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 14 July 05 16:58 BST (UK) »
thanks for that will give it a try,
It is surprizing how many connections are made by chance, I have just been on a Cornish site asked for some info and got a reply from someone with same ancestors litle distant but we have so much to help each other with

sandie