Author Topic: looking for Family  (Read 6407 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: looking for Family
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 September 10 08:49 BST (UK) »
Hi

There are 4 burial grounds listed for Galashiels:

http://www.scotborders.gov.uk/life/livingandsocialcare/death/graveyardsandburials/21372.html

You could try contacting the Borders Council:

http://www.scotborders.gov.uk/

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline moetus

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 September 10 05:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Ambly,Is there any way i can find out what happened after 1901 to the family  Thomas married my Grandma Mary Torrie in1913   they had a son in July  19th or 20th 1914 then he  died she married Wallace James Moody  then they come to Dunedin in 1924  abouts .I see my dads dad had bros & sisters how can i go about checking out there families . Thanking you ,have a nice day,Maureen

Offline epfedin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 September 10 22:12 BST (UK) »
Maureen

Borders FHS has recorded the MI for Old Ladhope, St Peters and Eastlands - there is no MI for Thomas Graham for 1918 in any of the three.  It may be that the headstone is one of those which has fallen and is unreadable or that there is no headstone.   I think the Gala Aisle burial ground would have been closed by then.

Bereavement Services at Scottish Borders Council would be able to confirm where the burial was. 

Elma

Offline moetus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 28 September 10 07:47 BST (UK) »
Hi, am really interested to find  any info on my G.Grandmother  Mary Ann Graham Nee Whitfield.Also my Grandma Mary Graham  Nee Torrie,I know nothing of the Torrie Family she was 14 apparently at the 1901 census ,her mother was Mary m Torrie and her dads name was John Torrie. Thanking you all so much for all the info. Maureen