Author Topic: Re: Rashee Old Graveyard, near Ballyclare, Co. Antrim  (Read 11064 times)

Offline Siamblue

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rashee Old Graveyard, near Ballyclare, Co. Antrim
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 August 16 17:07 BST (UK) »
Hi John, I have just come across this post via a search engine, I was just wondering if you knew of any Wallace's buried in the old graveyard ? My grandfather was apparently buried there in 1958 but I am not sure when the last burial was made their, my late father did try to find the grave back in 2000 2 months before he died but he was to ill to continue his search, my grandfather was called Samuel Shields and his wife second wife was Annie, they lived in Abercorn Drive in the cottages called Rosebud in Ballyclare for many years.

Regards and many thanks, Gary.
Interested in the Wallace’s from Ballymena and the Shields from Carrickfergus.

Offline jwaugh

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Rashee Old Graveyard, near Ballyclare, Co. Antrim
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 30 August 16 19:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Gary

I searched my photos but no Wallace's or Shields.

I would most likely think that the burial in 1958 would have been the new cemetery.

You could try contacting Antrim and Newtownabbey council and they can search the cemetery records for you. http://www.antrimandnewtownabbey.gov.uk/Residents/Cemeteries

Regards

John
Stewart, Stuart, Todd, Duncan, Waugh, in Ballyclare, Ballyeaston, Rashee, Cairncastle areas of Antrim, Northern Ireland (Ireland)