Author Topic: COMPLETED - Forster Urwin - Birtley  (Read 4262 times)

Offline SWL64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETED - Forster Urwin - Birtley
« Reply #9 on: Friday 29 December 17 18:07 GMT (UK) »
My great-great grandmother was a  Ann Urwin born 1832 in Birtley Northumberland England. Her parents were Foster and Ann Urwin .We know she had a sister that came to the states .Her name was Mary and she married a Walter Telford. When my  great great grandparents came to the states in 1865 they brought a quilt that had a inscription of her parents name and a date of 1828 and Birtley on it. We don't know if Ann had other siblings other than Mary.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 30 December 17 03:28 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat SWL64.

DaveM888 the original poster on this Family hasnt been on nere since 2014, hopefully they will reply to you.

Read through everything on here and you will get some answers to your query re Marys siblings.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 30 December 17 03:39 GMT (UK) »
Marriage;
11 Nov 1843, St Giles, Chollerton
Foster BESFORD, full age, Widower, occp Husbandman, abode Birtley, Father Richd URWIN***,
occp Factor
Elnr TURNBULL, full age, spinster, abode Chipchase, Father ROBT, occp Husbandman
(Source FreeREG)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 30 December 17 04:02 GMT (UK) »
Children of ANN Bestford;
Christenings;
FORSTER 18 March 1805 Birtley
ANN 1 Feb 1807 Birtley
MARY 20 Oct 1811 Birtley
+ a possible WILLIAM 2 Jan 1816 Chollerton

Children of FORSTER/ANN Bestford's christenings at Birtley;
RICHARD URWIN 25 May 1828
JOHN 11 April 1830
ANN 4 Dec 1831
RICHARD 24 Jan 1834
MARY 26 June 1836
BARBARA 16 Sept 1838
JANE 1 Dec 1841

All on Familysearch.Org

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 30 December 17 04:09 GMT (UK) »
As to the Occp Factor;
Agent, commission merchant; someone who acts/ transacts business for another; Scottish steward or bailiff of an estate

or this

1] An agent employed by merchants to transact business of buying and selling.
[2] A Scottish term for the steward of an estate responsible for collection of land rents.
[3] A person selling goods on commission

Offline SWL64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 01 January 18 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Trish. I also found in our family book that my g.g.grandmothers mothers maiden name was Ann Heslop. It's all very interesting about the name change. Also is the fact that my g.g.grandmother also used alot of the same names for her kids