Author Topic: Hannah Saul  (Read 4385 times)

Offline hedwig06

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Hannah Saul
« on: Sunday 26 September 10 14:30 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find her area of birth/baptism, parents, siblings.

She marries an ancestor of mine called Thomas Coldrick in Much Marcle 1828, but I have extensively searched Hereforshire and cannot find any trace of her or her family with the exception of her marriage, there is also no burial for Hannah either in Herefordshire.

I have been told that the parish of Much Marcle is close to the border of Gloucestershire, so this is my next area to search.

Could anyone help?

Thank you Angi x

Coldrick - Ladywood, Birmingham.
Spooner - Atherstone & Wigan.
Mernagh - Birmingham & Ireland.
Potter - Birmingham.
Blair - Birmingham & Scotland.
Hull - Wigan.
Purdham - Wigan.

Offline ChasH

• My email is no longer working sorry
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The fool Monty
    • View Profile
Re: Hannah Saul
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 September 10 16:13 BST (UK) »
Angi,

I've tried to find Hannah's marriage that you give but have not managed to find it anywhere in the country.

How do you know that she married T.C. and where does the info come from please?

Regards

Chas

P.S. There's a T.C. marriage to Mary Symonds in 1826 at Ledbury - cannot believe there were two T.C's:  can you?
My email is no longer working sorry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Bevstn:DAVIES:HIGGS:PERROT
Bisly:BROWN:COOK:CURTIS:DAVIS:FRANKLIN:GARDINER:GRIME:JEFFERIES:PEACEY:STEPHENS:WARREN
ChSod:HARDING:HIGGS
Colrne:GOLDEN
G Bad:DAVIES
Horsly:ADAMS:BAYLY:BIRD:COOK:EVANS:GAZARD:HILL:LEWIS:MATTHEWS:PRIDE:SKIRTON:TEAKLE:TURK:WALKLEY:YOUNG
K'St:BISHOP:PINEGAR
Marsh'd:BLAKE
Minch:HILL:MASON:PERRIN
N.Nib:PERROT:SHATFORD:WAYMAN:WOODWARD
N.Wrax:BLAKE

Offline ChasH

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The fool Monty
    • View Profile
Re: Hannah Saul P.P.S.
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 September 10 16:35 BST (UK) »
Angi,

Can find no Hannah with any of the T.C's in the 1841 census although there was one with a Mary & family in Birmingham, St Thomas.

Chas
Bisly:BROWN:COOK:CURTIS:DAVIS:FRANKLIN:GARDINER:GRIME:JEFFERIES:PEACEY:STEPHENS:WARREN
Horsly:ADAMS:BAYLY:BIRD:COOK:EVANS:GAZARD:HILL:LEWIS:MATTHEWS:PRIDE:SKIRTON:TEAKLE:TURK:WALKLEY:YOUNG

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 September 10 17:24 BST (UK) »
ok so you have found her marriage in Much marcle but not her birth, were their witnesses to the wedding could these be relatives? when did she start and stop having children this is a useful indication to her age does she appear on any census with thomas ? do you have her death?
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline hedwig06

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 26 September 10 18:22 BST (UK) »
Chas,

Thank you for looking for me.  Thomas Coldrick doesn't appear on any census returns as he died in 1838 in Much Marcle, Ledbury, Herefordshire, but was then buried in Putley with his 1st wife Jane.

I have the above information on Thomas and his 2nd marriage to Hannah Saul in 1828 from a researcher in Hereford record office who I paid to do a search for me.

I have a copy of his marriage entry to Hannah in 1828, where he is listed as a widower, the researcher then found his 1st marriage to Jane Gwatkin in 1804 for me.

Toni,

I don't have Hannah's birth or death - I have searched all the sites I know and use and found nothing, although there is a birth listed for 1801 in Ledbury, that could be her??

The children from the marriage are:- William c1824, Edwin c1828, Henry c1830, Thomas c1831 & Jane c1834.

As to the census return's I haven't found anything apart from 1841, where is is a widower living in Herefordshire with the children, the census states she was born in the county.
I have then found her again in 1871 when she is living with her son Thomas in Birmingham, on this census it says she's born c1806 in Gloucestershire.

Thank you for all your help and if I have missed anything you asked for my apologies.

Angi x
Coldrick - Ladywood, Birmingham.
Spooner - Atherstone & Wigan.
Mernagh - Birmingham & Ireland.
Potter - Birmingham.
Blair - Birmingham & Scotland.
Hull - Wigan.
Purdham - Wigan.

Offline ChasH

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The fool Monty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 September 10 07:25 BST (UK) »
Angi,

You have a real problem.  I suppose Hannah/Anna/etc. might have been married before and that would explain why you cannot find her baptism. 

Checking marriages for the surname Saul in the Pilot site gives a Joseph X Ann Baugham marriage in 1796.  Would be worth trying to eliminate that possibility.

Another possible line of research is to find out if any HEF parish records near Much Marcle perhaps (or any other parish for that matter), have not been filmed - would explain why there's no extracted record in the IGI/Pilot site.  Use  Parloc from http://www.parloc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ and the LDS Library catalogue and/or the LDS Pilot site.

If you can get to an LDS FHC, consider hiring and searching films of parish records.

Regards

Chas

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 27 September 10 13:15 BST (UK) »
ok so the marriage stated that Thomas was a widower and Hannah wasn't so then you would assume she wasn't otherwise why state Thomas status and not Hannahs.

Hannah stopped having children circa 1834 now why was this? was Thomas too ill? he dies in 1838 does the death cert state howlong he had the illness he died from? or was Hannah too old to have anymore childre i.e stopped menstrauting this happened about the mid 40's

have you checked the tithe map for Much Marlce to see who else was in the household?

Hannah states she was born in the County and you have found a birth for a Hannah in 1801 Ledbury this is a good bet, :)

Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline youngtug

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 20 October 10 21:14 BST (UK) »
You may find something here;  http://www.sole.org.uk/
.http://www.rootschat.com/links/05q2/   
  WILSON;-Wiltshire.
 SOUL;-Gloucestershire.
 SANSUM;-Berkshire-Wiltshire
 BASSON-BASTON;- Berkshire,- Oxfordshire.
 BRIDGES;- Wiltshire.
 DOWDESWELL;-Wiltshire,Gloucestershire
 JORDAN;- Berkshire.
 COX;- Berkshire.
 GOUDY;- Suffolk.
 CHATFIELD;-Sussex-- London
 MORGAN;-Blaenavon-Abersychan
 FISHER;- Berkshire.
 BLOMFIELD-BLOOMFIELD-BLUMFIELD;-Suffolk.
DOVE. Essex-London
YOUNG-Berkshire
ARDEN.
PINEGAR-COLLIER-HUGHES-JEFFERIES-HUNT-MOSS-FRY

Offline grandslam03

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 16 April 17 14:29 BST (UK) »
The form for Hannah's marriage to Thomas Coldrick (Much Marcle 1821) shows Mary Ann Saul as a witness. There are details of a Mary Ann Saul in Hartpury Glos in 1805 and a Hannah Saul with father Richard Saul for both.
Worth pursuing?