Author Topic: Royal Warwickshire Regiment  (Read 2204 times)

Offline collett_046

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Royal Warwickshire Regiment
« on: Sunday 26 September 10 19:47 BST (UK) »
A letter of my mothers(deceased ten years ago) was from a university professor she had looked after as a boy. He tells her how captivated he was with her fathers tales of his years in the Royal Warwickshire regiment and how they lined the streets for Queen Victoria. My grandfather, Richard William Aston was born in 1870 in Ilmington Warwickshire. I have no idea if the regiment were in London for either the Queens Jubilee or her funeral. Can anyone help please.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Warwickshire Regiment
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 September 10 20:35 BST (UK) »
he was serving at home from 29th jan 1887 -13th nov 1890  and from 20th jan 1895 to 28th jan 1898. the other years he was in Ceylon and India  ;)

Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee was celebrated on 20 and 21 June 1887. So he was serving at home during that period.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 September 10 20:40 BST (UK) »
Ten years later, Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee was marked by many celebrations, including, on 22 June 1897, a progress to St Paul's Cathedral, where a short service of thanksgiving was held outside the building, as the Queen was too lame to manage the steps. So he was serving at home during this period also

Offline collett_046

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 September 10 09:58 BST (UK) »
This is so exciting thank you very much I really appreciate the wonderful responses from these forums. I was only 2 when my grandfather died so was never able to talk to him, I was actually a little envious that mums charges had such a close relationship and heard his stories.

Offline acon66

• RootsChat Extra
  • Gedmatch sc7898118
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 22 January 18 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to jump on thread but was r w Aston related to Harriet Maria aston...from ilmington.....she was my great great grandmother....only discoverd this week end....i have a photo of her from local paper....with great grandad,grandad,and dad..
Oconnor/Ayres/Bennett....Wardington
Timms/bowerman...charlbury water Eaton  Middleton  cheney
Ianson Darlington
Moss pratley
 peachey
Dna matches to loveridge smith Boswell Lovell

Offline collett_046

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello. What a lovely surprise. Yes we are definitely the same family.

Richard Aston and Harriet Southam were my great great  grandparents. Their son Frederick Aston married Emma Maria Yateman. Harriet Maria Aston married Lewis Arnold Timms.

Fredericks brother William Aston married Amy Mary Johnson. Their son Richard William Aston married Lucy Hannah Collet. My Grandparents. Perhaps we can share more about our family. Kindest Regards Anita.

Offline acon66

• RootsChat Extra
  • Gedmatch sc7898118
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 19 February 18 15:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi sorry its taken me a while to get back to you......Lewis arnold timms was my great great grandad....i have a photo of Harriet.....lewis died in 1915....and she remarried.
Oconnor/Ayres/Bennett....Wardington
Timms/bowerman...charlbury water Eaton  Middleton  cheney
Ianson Darlington
Moss pratley
 peachey
Dna matches to loveridge smith Boswell Lovell