Author Topic: McGreevy  (Read 12510 times)

Offline McGreevy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McGreevy
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 21 November 10 08:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sharyn,

Yes you do need three post before you can Pm me. Intriguing information about Mary McGreevy. Would love to hear Mary's story.The area you quote Ivory Creek/Harlin/Esk agrees with what I have.

Patrick went to New Zealand and resided in WestPort , Nicholas stayed in Ireland.

As for Edwards age , he died in 1913 aged 80 so that makes the shipping record either incorrect or he lied about his age.

Regards
McG

Edward McGreevy of County Down Ireland
 Price,  Charters Towers
Margaret McKee County Tyrone Ireland
Newlands Sydney Wales

Offline celticsearch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 17 February 11 22:04 GMT (UK) »
I've been looking for verification of a John McGreevy who emigrated to the US in or around 1850 (Boston).  Family lore says he was from Roscommon and came with his wife Catherine (Fitzsimmons) and three sons, Michael (ended up in Oil City, PA), Thomas and Partick (both in Lockport, NY).  Thomas is my great grandfather and was 2 years old when they arrived.  I have lots on the three boys except country of origin always says Ireland and nothing more.   Some folks on message boards feel we may originate in County Down and someone along the way just assumed Roscommon.
I saw Buffalo in your post and it caught my eye as it is only 15 or so miles from Lockport!  That got me to wondering!!

Offline RoserAncestors

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 16 February 18 19:59 GMT (UK) »
I'm a disability support worker and I'm doing a little research for a client of mine who is also descended from the Edward McGreevy who married Margaret McKee in the Lanchester district of Durham, England, in 1876.

I was wondering how people knew that Edward McGreevy came from Downpatrick in County Down, Ireland? Does this information come from Edward's 1913 Queensland, Australia, death certificate? Has anyone purchased this? Has anyone purchased the 1876 marriage certificate?

Many thanks if anyone is able to help.