Author Topic: Gerrard/Jamieson  (Read 6525 times)

Offline Hazel Gerrard

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gerrard/Jamieson
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 29 September 10 20:45 BST (UK) »
That's a coincidence as I found that same information today too - that's what rainy days do!!  I found that William then went to Edinburgh and was a Horse Inspector (?) at the Kings Stables.  He re-married and his first wife is also listed on his death cert so it is him.  It would certainly fit in with fathering James with Isabella Harrison if he was widowed in 1862.  He married in Edinburgh in 1867.  I was struggling to find what had happened to Arthur so interesting to see he emigrated - where is Otago?  Many thanks for your help. :)
Fordyce, Banffshire; New Deer; Aberdeenshire;
Pirie; Pierrie;

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 29 September 10 21:00 BST (UK) »
You beat me to it! I've a copy of William's death certificate & can forward the info. to you if he turns out to be the father of James. William had a terrible death - he died 8 days after being burnt by steam from a boiler.It may be worth looking the newspaper archives around January 11th 1882 to see if there's mention of an accident.
Otago is in New Zealand. I found out about Arthur by "googling" his name!
Regards,
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Hazel Gerrard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 29 September 10 21:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much for your help. Much appreciated!
Pirie; Pierrie;

Offline Winter55

• I am very sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 13 April 11 02:28 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I am Christine Gerrard, daughter of George Gerrard, son of Robert Gerrard who's family came from New Aberdour.  I have lots of information and a family tree.  I would love to hear from anyone.  Thanks

Offline barbarag15

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 19 March 18 03:11 GMT (UK) »
Just to add to the mix, my husband is the GGG.Grandson of Arthur Gerrard and Isobel Howie through their son Alexander who, with his wife, Mary Philip, emigrated to NZ in 1858 aboard the Strathfieldsaye.  Alexander's brother, Arthur, and his wife, Jane Philip (sister of Mary above) also emigrated to NZ in 1857.  Since then there has been a long line of Gerrards, especially around the Winton area at the bottom of the south island of NZ.
Robertson, Douglas, Love, Duncan, Laird, Mitchell, Wilson, Neilson, Penman, Willies

Offline Hazel Gerrard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 19 March 18 14:00 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to source a book which documents the Gerrards in Winton, New Zealand.  It is called from castle to cave : the story of the Gerrards and Costers in Southland by May Burtenshaw ISBN 047304806X.  Thanks for any help!
Pirie; Pierrie;

Offline barbarag15

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 19 March 18 21:10 GMT (UK) »
I do have a photocopy of the book, not an electronic copy, which I would be happy to forward by post.  If you are agreeable could you give me your email address so we can correspond?
Robertson, Douglas, Love, Duncan, Laird, Mitchell, Wilson, Neilson, Penman, Willies

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 19 March 18 21:29 GMT (UK) »
May I remind you not to disclose your email address on rootschat? Remember,you can communicate by private message :)
Regards,
flst

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline DHighberger

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 30 March 20 20:44 BST (UK) »
barbarag15: I have  been researching the descendants of my 4x great-grandparents, John Philip and Mary Troup of Aberdeenshire, Scotland, and I have been intrigued to read about the Gerrards of New Zealand. I have been trying to find a copy of "Castle to Cave" with no luck. If you would be willing to send me a copy, I would be happy to reimburse you for copying and postage, or a scan would be great, too..     D. Highberger, Lawrence, Kansas, USA