Author Topic: Peoples family, Ballyrattan, Moville  (Read 10140 times)

Offline MaureenJ

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Peoples family, Ballyrattan, Moville
« Reply #18 on: Monday 02 August 10 11:25 BST (UK) »
Rebecca Peoples was the mother of my father-in-law who is the last surviving child of Rebecca and is still alive at 90.  If WilliamM and Bob Peoples want to contact me on

(*)   (replace * with correct letters from her name - stops automatic spammers from obtaining email address) I will share with you the family tree that remained in Ireland.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Bob Peoples

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 04 August 10 01:20 BST (UK) »
Maureen--

Thanks for responding to my post.  Glad to have gotten in touch with you &, through you, your husband.   I have had contact with second cousins in Ireland who are grandsons of Thomas James Peoples & William John Peoples.  Have also been in contact with a second cousin here in the States whose grandfather was Issac Peoples.

Would like to learn what information you have & share what I've been able to accumulate.  As suggested by RootsChat, perhaps you could sent me your email address via a PM & we can start exchanging information.   I'm not sure if I have the requisite number of postings to access a PM, but I can provide more information about my family in several additional posts to work around this obstacle.

Bob

Offline WilliamM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 05 August 10 16:33 BST (UK) »
Maureen and Bob,

Delighted to read your messages.  As we are related I would like to communicate with you both by private message.

Bob, I think you have to have 3 posts before you can receive one.

WilliamM

Offline Bob Peoples

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 05 August 10 17:53 BST (UK) »
William--

Thanks for the response.  This makes 3 posts for me so I look forward to your PM as well as one from Maureen.

To whom in the John Peoples family are you related?

Attached is picture of George Peoples & my father, Arthur Peoples, taken in the backyard of their home in Medford, Massachusetts, before he married my mother in 1938.

Bob

Offline joemc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 28 September 10 14:23 BST (UK) »
I think I am also  connected to the Peoples family of Ballyrattan, although I am unsure of the details, I recently came into possession of a large case of old photos that belonged to a Great Aunt, Jessie Williams (b.1914) born in Ballyrattan, her parents were Lewis Williams (b. 1872) and Sarah Ann Baird (b.1878), I know her grandmother was an Annie Peoples, I also know that many of her relatives emigrated to Boston MA., including uncles and at least 2 sisters.

Amongst the photos is a the photo attached of an uncle  George Peoples, Moville, unsure of the connection, as I have no other Peoples (so far) in my family tree
McCorkell, Clarke, Williams, Craig, Baird, Peoples, MacDonald, Wray and associated families, Counties Donegal and Londonderry, Ireland and America

Offline Bob Peoples

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 28 September 10 21:26 BST (UK) »
Glad to make your acquaintance!

Its possible we are related.  My great grandfather, John Peoples, who lived his entire life in Ballyrattan, had an older sister, Anne, born 8/18/1845, presumably in Ballyrattan.  Unfortunately, we don't know anything else about her at this point.  My great grandfather & his older brother & oldest sister married Bairds so it is possible (likely?) Anne also married a Baird.  George Peoples, my grandfather & the oldest in his family, was born 5/11/1872 in Ballyrattan & could have been Sarah Ann Baird's cousin.  He traveled to the U.S. in September 1896 with a cousin, William Baird, to join a Baird uncle living in Boston.

Do you have any idea when the attached picture of your great aunt's uncle, George Peoples, from Moville was taken?  There was a grocer named George Peoples living on Main Street in Moville according to the 1911 Census of Ireland.  He reported he was 58 years old & he & his 66y/o wife, Mary, were Methodists.

Does any of this information ring a bell?  If you can provide any more information, we can get a better fix.  It would be great if we could fill out another branch of the Peoples Family Tree & document how you fit into it.

If you make 2 more posts on RootsChat I'll be able to send a Personal Message to you & we can establish direct communication.

Regards,

Bob

Offline joemc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 28 September 10 22:45 BST (UK) »
Hello Bob, still in the early stages of this part of my research, but almost sure that we are talking about the same family just unsure how it all fits together yet. I have Annie Peoples (b.1845) daughter of George Peoples who married Francis Williams (b.1838) on the 14 August 1866 my G G Grandfather. They had 5 children amongst them Lewis Williams (b.1872) who married a Sarah Baird (b.1878)

Jesse Williams my Great Aunt was their daughter, it was only when sorting through a case of old photos that she left that I came across these names. All the above mentioned people seemed to have lived in Ballyrattan, there are several studio portraits (not yet scanned ) which were taken in Boston, amongst them a Sarah, the seem to be mentions also of Cambridge MA and Somerville MA

Not sure how this fits still trying to pursue my Baird leads also, I was aware of the George Peoples in the Census (Grocer) just not sure if  this is the same person and how is my Great Aunts uncle.
McCorkell, Clarke, Williams, Craig, Baird, Peoples, MacDonald, Wray and associated families, Counties Donegal and Londonderry, Ireland and America

Offline joemc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 01 October 10 17:29 BST (UK) »
Just to clear things up with my George Peoples, the George Peoples found in the 1911 Census would appear to be correct, I found a marriage record 9th March 1880, Moville Presbyterian Church, which records the marriage. Looks like George was a brother of John and Annie, and rather than an Uncle he would have been a Great Uncle of my Grandmother.

The record which I have included  shows him as farming in Ballyrattan in 1880 and his father is recorded as being George Peoples (Farmer)

Joe

Moderator Comment: image removed to avoid problems with copyright

Offline Colinbegley22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 09 August 18 01:51 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, my mother's maiden name is peoples, her father was Archibald peoples born in 1912, his mother was mary jane peoples born 27th dec 1870, her father's name was Archibald peoples, born in ballyrattan around 1840s.
Great to find you all, here is a photo of my grandparents grave
Begley Robinson Peoples Kinkaid