Author Topic: Gravestones Mold & Gwenaffield  (Read 10078 times)

Offline markeymark2000

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gravestones Mold & Gwenaffield
« Reply #27 on: Friday 11 November 16 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon, I am researching my Griffiths roots through the Cilcain area. It is possible that my 3rd Great Grandparents may be buried in Gwenaffield as, according to the census I have attributed to them, they moved across to Gwenaffield at some time between 1841 and 1851. They were Thomas and Sarah Griffiths. Thomas was born around 1806 and Sarah around 1802. I think Sarah died in 1851 but I have no idea about Thomas. So I would be grateful for anything you may have that could fit these sort of dates.

Regards,

Mark

Offline par50

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 11 November 16 21:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi. Mark. The only Sarah in the Churchyard was the wife of a David Griffiths late of The Old Toll House. Bryn. She died January 12th 1965 aged 82. which doesn't match either. and the only Thomas in another grave is buried with his parents William and Martha. That Thomas died September 1st 1887 aged 36 yrs.
 GRIFFITH No S. Another Sarah Buried in 1912 wife of Isaac Griffith and their daughter Sarah Elizabeth aged 2 months old. No entries in the New Cemetery or the Chapel in Pantymwyn. There are other Griffiths if you need any checked. I don't mind. Also do you know where they married as a lot of people in those days were buried in the church they married in. Pam

Offline markeymark2000

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 12 November 16 14:14 GMT (UK) »
Pam, many thanks for looking at my post so quickly. It could be that Sarah is buried in Cilcain and maybe Thomas as well. I visited Cilcain church some time ago and took a few photos but this was before I knew that Thomas and Sarah were my 3rd Great Grandparents. I may well have missed their headstone or it may even have been unreadable or have been removed.  Neither am I sure that Thomas remained in Gwernaffield after the death of Sarah so it is all a bit sketchy - as ancestry can be! The missing 1861 Census of Cilcain makes everything all the more difficult as well. So, not to worry, the next time I am in the area I will endeavour to get across to Cilcain and have a second look. Thanks again for your kind help. Mark