Author Topic: Edlin (Fred)  (Read 2260 times)

Offline donmar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edlin (Fred)
« on: Friday 08 October 10 10:01 BST (UK) »
Fred Edlin (b Leicester 1899) and his siblings Maurice, William Maidwell, Ivy Xenia and Pansy (Ann) do not all share the same father (yes, I know they have the same surname but ...). Any information or queries welcome. We have some family facts and myths through the lines from Ivy and Pansy and have traced William and Ivy's father, we think, but need more clues for Pansy's father.
Edlins in Leics
Barnards in Worcs and Oxfordshire

Offline donmar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Edlin (Fred)
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 October 10 10:08 BST (UK) »
I'm feeding this piecemeal to get my initial three posts in (god this is a frustrating site to get going on). Fred's mum Sarah Ann (Annie) went to Bolsover as a housekeeper to John Watson following his wife's death. William Maidwell was born there (no father on birth cert) and Ivy born back in Leicester 6 months after Watson's death (no father again). Pansy was born in Leicester 6 years later (no father again, but this time we can't blame John Watson). As Elijah Edlin was also dead by then, Pansy was the first child who could not claim him as her supposed father. Family tales say she was put upon by her siblings for this.
Edlins in Leics

Offline donmar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 October 10 10:14 BST (UK) »
We (Don and Marilyn - Pansy's daughter) would dearly like more info on Pansy or her siblings. Fred (of Edlin Transport fame) is a colourful character and we have some family tales and some facts from research. Bill (William Maidwell) is also worth a chat for his transport connections. Please get in touch - I hope I can now find my way around the messaging and posting bits of this site.
Edlins in Leics

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 October 10 14:11 BST (UK) »
I have Elijah who was a coal merchant as the father of all the children.  His father John was also a coal merchant.  Was Xenia Ivy's second name?  I don't have another child of that name.

If you PM me with an email address (click the green scroll to the left of this post) I can send you a document which takes this family back to the 17th century and possibly earlier.

There is also a thread on the one name board dedicated to this family.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,129116.0.html

David
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk