Author Topic: Stanners/Mccallum  (Read 11533 times)

Offline Gow67

• RootsChat Member
  • GGF Jock Gow
    • View Profile
Re: Stanners/Mccallum
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 21 October 10 18:01 BST (UK) »

Hi, was wondering if you know if there's a connection between these Stanners and Helen Finlay Stanners who married John Thornton Bell in 1872 in Carriden? Her father was Walter Stanners and mother was Helen Finlay - my gt gt grandparents on the Bell side. So many Stanners!!

There's a Helen Stanners born on 22 NOV 1850  Carriden, West Lothian, Scotland  to Walter Stanners and MARGARET Finlay on LDS. The dates are about right.
Gow Burt Rooney McMeeking Stanners Burness Anderson Crookston West Rankine Dickson Bernard

Offline meggy1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 23 October 10 17:15 BST (UK) »
Thankyou, I've found them! Have found the Bo'ness pottery website very useful as they have census records if that's of any interest to you.
Stanners, Bell, Ramsay, Kerr, Scougall, Gibb, Archibald, Todd, Laird Johnston, Cosgrove, Robertson.

Offline MUCKLEJOCK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 03 October 14 03:21 BST (UK) »
Regarding Alan Gow's comment, Helen Finlay Stanners was married to John Thompson Bell, one of the founders of Carriden Band. She was my Great Grandmother through Grandfather Alexander Bell and mother Janet Grant Bell.
GIBB, BELL, STANNERS, GRANT,

Offline MUCKLEJOCK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 03 October 14 03:33 BST (UK) »
The story , as told by my grandfather, was that the three Stanners, Walter, Neil and Malcolm came down to Bo'ness from the Glen Moriston area in the 16-1700s.
GIBB, BELL, STANNERS, GRANT,

Offline meggy1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 03 October 14 19:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Mucklejock,

Don't worry! I have replied to your message, to read it, go to " Your Messages" and click on that.

Hope this helps! Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,
Meggy1
Stanners, Bell, Ramsay, Kerr, Scougall, Gibb, Archibald, Todd, Laird Johnston, Cosgrove, Robertson.