Author Topic: HUSBAND family tree  (Read 18342 times)

Offline elaine gray

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HUSBAND family tree
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 01:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Husband researchers, I'm very interested in the posts as my gtgt gt grandfather was William husband married to Christina irons, who was born abt 1830,born Leuchars, gtgt gran Elizabeth, their dgt died,, 1894,in St Andrews. She was married to John blake. If there's a chance of seeing the family trees mentioned I will be delighted. I've just sent details of some family to Fife Council to try and locate graves. I go shopping to St Andrews a lot, so anything I can help with, just let me know. Regards, Elaine

Offline croftyh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 25 October 19 22:42 BST (UK) »
My mother was the daughter of Gertrude Husband. I have a patent of Blair Henderson Husband that he applied for in Australia. Did you see the WDYTYA episode with Anne Reid? She goes to the house that David Husband built in Scotland.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 26 October 19 01:41 BST (UK) »
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline elaine gray

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 26 October 19 03:46 BST (UK) »
Hi, wow, is this Anne Reid the actress?
Always admired her and always watch who do I think you are? Was that this year?
Can't believe I missed it.
I will have to check and see if William born 1821 is my gtgtgt grandfather.
Thank you so much for this. Amazing
Elaine

Offline elaine gray

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 26 October 19 21:40 BST (UK) »
Hi folks, yes, it appears that my gtgtgt grandfather William husband and Anne reids ancestor Margaret husband were siblings. Amazing, I am glad that I missed the episode after reading the comments on her attitude. I have admired her as an actress for a long time but....
I will nip down to logie next week (40min drive) and have a look around.
Funnily enough, I did see the episode with Jeremy Irons, his ancestors were from Dundee, just across the River Tay from Logie. William husband (brother of Margaret) married an Irons (name slipped from mind isabella?) I've started researching this and it looks like I'm related to him too!
William husband and Ms Irons were my gtgt grandparents.
Elaine

Offline Dave33

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 16 November 20 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I've recently found my ancestor Catherine Husband born 1778 in the parish of Leuchars, Fife. She married  James Dewar in Leuchars 1805 and had 10 children in Leuchars and Kilmany Parishes. Very recently I've corresponded with another ancestor of William Husband and Elizabeth Bisset's children. They go back to John, born 1780. So it looks like Robert is another sibling. I'm waiting for an update on the Husband tree, going back to the early 1600's
Dave33
Matheson- Black Isle, Ross and Cromarty
McIntosh- Inverness and Petty in Inverness-shire
Longmuir or Longmoor, Morayshire and Elgin

Offline elaine gray

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 16 November 20 18:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave33, amazing I've just been sitting looking at this family. Anything you have on this family most welcome. As youve probably read on the thread, I live pretty close to Dunbog, Leuchars and before the current restrictions was there often. I've just replied in a private message to someone else who had sent a message and it only popped up when you sent yours.
I was asking if they had a tree on any of the sites??
Maybe I could help you both fill in any gaps.
You could maybe private message me. I think I've just got back a generation which once I have clarified will post for any other husband researcher.
Another thing, I've been round some of the graveyards, found nothing relevant. Hard to read, badly damaged. However I know that my gtgt gran Elizabeth husband is buried in St Andrews graveyard and thst was the summers project but.......
Fife Council were good at telling me where burial sites are and for anyone researchng them I'm happy to go searching when able to!!
Elaine

Offline Dave33

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 19 November 20 16:31 GMT (UK) »
Hello Elaine
I'm not really familiar with this site, but was a member years ago. Very recently I've been in touch with two people on another site, and mention the Husband chat here. The beauty of the Husbands in Fife is that there were very few of them, centred around Leuchars, St. Andrews and St.Leonards, plus Ceres parishes. The people I've been in touch with were descendants of John Husband born Leuchars parish, 1780, a brother of my Catherine. Trying to go further back, the earliest Fife Husband was a marriage of Janet Husband to Thomas Dairsie in Anstruther Wester in 1591. I don't think that all births and marriages could have been registered then, and no deaths are recorded. Before 1650 there are only 4 Fife Husband marriages, and I think 9 births recorded, there are 2 in Ceres in 1621 and 1623. There's also a family in St.Andrews and St. Leonards parish with 5 registered kids. The parents were Thomas Husband and Agnes Mathew, one child was Elizabeth, born 1639.
I thought to access 2 early Husband wills today, one was William Husband, Leuchars 1616, the other was a tailor in St Andrews 1606. The 1616 will was in such archaic script that its unreadable. Originally I questioned whether it was Latin, so I haven't bothered with the other.
Is the Elizabeth you're looking at Elizabeth Bisset? I'm sure I haven't been able to read all the Husband posts, but it hadn't twigged when watching the Ann Reid programme about her ancestor in Logie that she had a Husband connection. I recall being unhappy watching it, thinking of her idiot, criminal, supposed schoolmaster, teaching my Brunton ancestors at the time.
I grew up in Fife, and would cycle to Lindores Loch from Markinch to fish, or sometimes watch them curling on the frozen loch. What a lovely part of the country your in..............Dave   
Matheson- Black Isle, Ross and Cromarty
McIntosh- Inverness and Petty in Inverness-shire
Longmuir or Longmoor, Morayshire and Elgin

Offline elaine gray

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 19 November 20 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave, lovely to hear from you. Firstly I'm descended from Elizabeth born abt 1852 the daughter of William and Christina irons (she makes me related to jerminy irons the actor who has also starred on who do you think you are? as his ancestors were Dundee). As yet I haven't caught that episode with Anne Reid tho I've heard abt it from Australia from a husband descendant, she has been slammed for it and I always liked her, thought she was brilliant in dinner ladies etc recently watched her in last tango in Halifax and could feel my dander rising!!!! Now, I believe it showed a house that was built by David??? Husband in dunbog, someone is going to get back to me on address. Do you know where it is.?? I'm only 40m away and will go look. My plan summer past was to find the graves and, of course, that is now on hold. Fife Council gave me the details of Elizabeths grave, she is in the amazing graveyard at the front of St Andrews beside ruined castle.
I'm org from west coast, Glasgow area and we went to St Andrews for our hols, was blown away when I found out I had Fife ancestors. Quick story, I was down abt 6 years ago with friends, parked up and looked at the houses and said Blimey id love to live here, less than a week later I discovered that Elizabeth lived and died in the house we were parked outside!! Can you believe that?
She was my gtgt gran.
Anyway, I'll have a good look at what you told me and tie it to mine and get back to you, if you need any research done from this end just ask.
Regards Elaine