Author Topic: WOOD family, Staffordshire and Barnsley  (Read 17028 times)

Offline Keresforth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WOOD family, Staffordshire and Barnsley
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 01 March 14 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Just a question, do you have any information about cousin Rene (William Louis Rene Wood) Hes the son of the oldest of the three brothers and he lived with Eugene Wood at some point. I know he was a doctor in Ossett.  Not sure why he lived with them but I know dad tells me, granny (Florence Juliette Wood) said he used to put phosphorus in their camber pots.  Did he have any decedent's?   Just wondering if you know?

Ruth

Offline AngelFish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 18 May 14 22:52 BST (UK) »
Dear All   :)

I do not know of any of the people you have mentioned in this thread so I do not believe we are related.

I am researching the name WOOD in my own family, and trying to locate the death record of a George Wood - but it is proving very difficult!

I would really be very grateful if you could help me? by letting know the details of any George WOOD in your records who died (in the UK) in 4th quarter of 1843, or in 1844?  Then I will be able to discount them from my list! I am still in the process of contacting registry offices so I will update if I hear anything from them.

Thanks for reading.
Angelfish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline planehome

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 14 September 15 10:09 BST (UK) »
This has been a fascinating read.  I am researching WOOD for my mother-in-law but her family were based in Sheffield - Fred WOOD was a theatre pianist in the 1940s/50s.

I guess there is little connection with the Barnsley glass-making Woods.  However, I actually live in Barnsley and am happy to do some local research as a favour if any is required.

Regards

Pete
Lane - in Wiltshire up to 1891
Lane - in Liverpool from 1891
Coventry - on the Wirral and in Liverpool
Mitchell - St Pancras, London
Mitchell - Sheffield
Schofield - Rochdale up to 1925
Wood - Sheffield