Author Topic: denigan/dennigan  (Read 27381 times)

Offline rachelralph

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: denigan/dennigan
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 06 February 11 13:03 GMT (UK) »
hello micheal, again i am posting for my mum, although she is now on rootchat and may reply too. she has had a quick look at her tree but at the moment her brain has turned to mush with all the names and dates. she has asked me to let you know that she will return to this thread and will hopefully reply with some more info for you although, she is struggling with this line of her tree and may not be able to help. hopefully ou can both help each other and fill in the blanks.
Ralph. Lever. Young. Lasham. Denigan. Sawyer. Moore. Stone

saville foljambe moore

Offline miked51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 06 February 11 13:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm a bit disappointed that once again my initial excitement has been dented slightly. I would love to know why the search for my father's history is so elusive. My father was never forthcoming with information regarding his family (never really wanting to discuss the topic). I had the feeling my father may have left home, never wanting to return, maybe to start a new life. Anyway it's been great to have made this contact, but I have no other information to offer, other than that given in the original post.

Kind regards
Michael Denigan

Offline rachelralph

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 06 February 11 13:38 GMT (UK) »
i may be stepping on my toes here, but i will breifly give you what i know. my great nan (my mums nan) was a denigan at birth. she never really spoke much of her family, indeed she claimed not to be irish.  although further reseach show her father whomever he was was irish. my mother has the father of her nan as richard denigan, born abt 1882 in longford ireland, she has a copy of the marriage in which he gives his name as richard denigan. he also names his father as james. she alo has him on the 1901 census as richard.

i would not take this as his name literally though, if your james and our richard are the same person and the father was james it might be that he used his middle name.  of course it could be a coincidence that you have a james denigan marrying a amy revell, and we have almost similar but i dont think it is. we have yet to find any birth record for a richard denigan, and although the irish records are scetchy, the denigans were RC and would have baptised their children, meaning there should be a record somewhere.

im sure my mum will get back to you soon, so please keep checking back xxxxx

saville foljambe moore

Offline miked51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 06 February 11 13:51 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again. I am sure they are likely to be the same person.  There can't be too many Denigan's married to an Amy Revell, I will check again tomorrow, as its rather late here.

Take care......thxs so much

Offline della1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 14 March 11 14:25 GMT (UK) »
hello my name is madeline dennigan and i am trying to trace my father whose name is lawrence dennigan born abt1912 i know as much as that his father was called richard dennigan born abt1882 and married and amy anne revell abt 1902 i believe that richard dennigans father was called james i believe that richard and amy had children ther names are joseph 1911 mary ann 1904 winifred 1903 and lawrence who is my father i would really love to know if anyone can help me i have read your posts and there might be some connection i am new to this many thanks good luck in all your searches kind regards della (madeline)

Offline rachelralph

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 14 March 11 14:35 GMT (UK) »
i am again posting for my mum here, she doesnt use rootschat as much as she should but i will defo tell her to answer you della. my mums grandmother was irene agnus denigan, her father was richard denigan. my mum is almost 100% sure his father was james from longford. so i would say you must be related all in some way.
we are trying to establish who richards mother was. if we can find a wife for james then we may be able to locate them on the irish 1901 or 1911 census.

saville foljambe moore

Offline della1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 16 March 11 09:41 GMT (UK) »
hello rachel

wow i am writing this for my mum she is very excited to have found you and very grateful for the help you are giving us we think aswell that there is defo a family connection she has some information on richard which when my mum comes over we will tell you what we know lawrence dennigan married my mums mum who is called iris joan elsie sargeant and my mum has a brother and sister we have been looking for lawrence for sometime now but have struggled with information we was unaware that lawrence may have travelled to new york thankyou so much for replying i will write again as soon as my mum comes to my house later do you live in england? love rainie dellas daughter xx

Offline carolemoore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 17 March 11 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Wedding Photo of IRENE AGNUS DENIGAN and WILLIAM DEEDMAN in 1939. Also in the photo are RICHARD DENIGAN and his wife AMY ANN and Irenes brother

Offline rachelralph

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 17 March 11 18:45 GMT (UK) »
mum this photo looks even better in bigger size :)

saville foljambe moore