Author Topic: Hellyar  (Read 2886 times)

Offline lakutreker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hellyar
« on: Tuesday 12 October 10 20:17 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find out any information I can about my father's family.  I know so much about my mother's line (Walsh - very easy to track) but nothing really for my father.  He was only part of my life for a short time before he died suddenly and with the loss of my paternal grandmother 2 years ago, I have lost all connection to that part of me and I would very much like to be able to learn something of who the Hellyar's are/were.  If anyone cane help I would be most appreciative.

This is what I do know -

My father, Edwin Vincent Hellyar Jr., was 1 of several children born to Edwin Vincent Hellyar Sr. & Phyllis Hellyar.  The family was from Springfield, Mass but moved to St. Louis some years ago.  And I am told our name of Hellyar is Cornish.

That is all I know.
Hellyar

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hellyar
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 20:28 BST (UK) »
hi and welcome , you must understand we can,t help to look up living people it,s rootschat policy it sounds as if GenesReunited would be your best bet for help with this
trevor
morters-cambs-norfolk   clements london    copas newington
went colchester essex    goodey essex -suffolk

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hi lakutreker  :)

Welcome to Rootschat!  I hope we can help you to trace your ancestry, but as Trevor says we can't help you with living relatives unfortunately.

As a starting point for tracking your HELLYAR family, why not put a new message on the United States board (http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,164.0.html)?  Give as much information as you can about your grandparents (their full names, date and place of marriage, parents if you know them etc.) and state what you're hoping to be able to find out.  YOu'll get some great help there  :)

Good luck with your search  :D

Cheers
Prue

Offline lakutreker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 20:54 BST (UK) »
He is not living.  My father died in 1990 at the age of 42 from a heart defect.  I had only met him the year before.
Hellyar

Offline PhilipRhayader

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 21:10 BST (UK) »
Certainly a Cornish name.

Of no direct help yet but once you make some progress, you may find tihs of some interest:

http://www.cornwall-opc-database.org/personsearchdb.php?yr=&pr=&forename=&surname=Hellyar&records=50&dbname=burials&formval=&Submit=Search

Offline lakutreker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 22:15 BST (UK) »
Thank you.  :)
I am glad to learn at least that bit on info on Hellyar was correct.  I had also been told it was Germanic, but didn't really believe that.
Hellyar

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 13 October 10 07:14 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find out any information I can about my father's family.  I know so much about my mother's line (Walsh - very easy to track) but nothing really for my father.  He was only part of my life for a short time before he died suddenly and with the loss of my paternal grandmother 2 years ago, I have lost all connection to that part of me and I would very much like to be able to learn something of who the Hellyar's are/were.  If anyone cane help I would be most appreciative.

This is what I do know -

My father, Edwin Vincent Hellyar Jr., was 1 of several children born to Edwin Vincent Hellyar Sr. & Phyllis Hellyar.  The family was from Springfield, Mass but moved to St. Louis some years ago.  And I am told our name of Hellyar is Cornish.

That is all I know.
Is that you on www.geneanet.org with a familytree in Springfield ,Mass ? ....if not....someone has a familytree on geneanet....16 results with familytree ....earliest is 1594 in YARCOMBE,DEVON,ENGLAND ..there are Cornwall Hellyar - but earliest is Devon,England...allan ;)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 13 October 10 07:26 BST (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!