Author Topic: complete  (Read 3292 times)

Offline myross

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
complete
« on: Wednesday 13 October 10 06:18 BST (UK) »
Hi

Does anyone know of this family from the Wilmington area of North Carolina,
my Great Grandad was Charles Henry Ralwing he was a slave cotton weigher and married to Agnes Ralwing.
Im not sure if this was their name as it was customary for slaves to take the family name they worked for.
As I am aware they had 3or 4 sons who came to Britain in the 1850's,  one being my Grandad Charles Henry who went to Scotland , the other three staying in England .
I had never met any of them but would dearly love to find any family members in America .
If you think you may recognise or are part of this family please get in touch, or if anyone has any tips as to how I can investigate this further I would be very grateful

Thankyou
kind regards   
The areas Im researching are Alness, Fodderty , Foulis, Fearn, Cadboll , Kincardine, Resolis . the names Im researching are Finlay Ross/ ElizabethStewart,{Resolis and Fodderty and Alness}.  Donald Ross/Jessie McCulloch,[Alness and Cadbole}.  Finlay Ross, {foulis Smithy}. David McCulloch/Johanna Mcgregor {Fearn and Kincardine}.

Offline rosie1957

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ralwing/Rowling/ Wilmington NC
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 March 12 22:59 BST (UK) »
Hi There myross ,
I have been helping with The Rowlings Family tree.
We have Charles Ralwing m. (1)Catherine Stewart 25th December 1897.
m. (2) Annie Brady Kirkwood  21st January 1927.    m. (3) Margaret Mutch Muir   6th January 1937.
is this the same Charles Ralwing he lived in Glasgow. Do not have any information on any brothers or where he came from  can you Help me.

Thank You
Kind Regards
Rosie   

Offline myross

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
complete
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 March 12 09:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosie,

I have much of the information that you have , I know nothing of Charles's brothers apart from the fact that they all arrived in Britain and then went their separate ways , Im not sure what information you want , I have a couple of birth certificates of numerous children that Charles had and sadly died in infancy .
I will be happy to share what I know with you.
Are you related to us and are you living in Britain or America, I look forward to hearing from you soon
yours
Myra Hall nee Rowling
The areas Im researching are Alness, Fodderty , Foulis, Fearn, Cadboll , Kincardine, Resolis . the names Im researching are Finlay Ross/ ElizabethStewart,{Resolis and Fodderty and Alness}.  Donald Ross/Jessie McCulloch,[Alness and Cadbole}.  Finlay Ross, {foulis Smithy}. David McCulloch/Johanna Mcgregor {Fearn and Kincardine}.

Offline mrmajestic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 April 12 14:42 BST (UK) »
Hi myross, Thank You for your reply. I have all Charles children to all 3 wives. Was more intrigued with your information about Charles Henry's Father you said in another post that he was from the Wilmington area of North Carolina. Could you let me know how you came accross this  information . I have looked all over the web using his name and Wilmington and found nothing. I think we are cousins as we share the same Grandfather. My Dad was David Rowlings who was born to Annie Kirkwood his second wife. and mother Jean Muir. I live in Edinburgh My name is Desmond. I am one of 6  Rowlings brothers.
Thank You
Kind Regards
Des

Offline mrmajestic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 22:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Cousin myross, You may like to know that I have 4 brothers who live possibly not to far from you in Lancashire, David my oldest brother who stays in Bamber Bridge also Danny staying Bamber Bridge also, And in Leyland I have Duncan and Donald, I was born in Glasgow but now stay in Edinburgh I have 5 brothers, My Dad David died in 1961 when I was 5, (*) the oldest brother is 65, you could look them up on Facebook,
 Our mother Jean died very recently in fact a month ago now, My name is Des, My father David Rowlings worked on the Glasgow buses my mother wsas a bus conductress, my father played drums in a band and had a ice cream van, being in a band he named us all with names starting with (D), Hoping we would possibly become a band one day as well. Keep in touch, its annoying not being able to get any info on our family tree other than our grandfather Charles Hendry Ralwing, Bye for now

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Goldie1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 19 June 17 17:55 BST (UK) »
Hi There Rosie yes Mr. Charles Henry Ralwing/Rowling is the same person you were making inquiries about he was my late father.

Offline AdeleMoweta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: complete
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 18 July 18 15:44 BST (UK) »
Hi there Goldie , I am Adele Moweta Mr Rowling's 3rd wife's granddaughter; I am wondering if you have any information on him before he came to Scotland ? I have struggled to find anything of his information other than his 3 marriages and children born in Scotland.

Hope to hear back soon
Adele

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 18 July 18 16:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Adele

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

myross hasn't been online here since 2012 and has turned off notifications for this topic so I will send a personal message to let them know there have been posts since their last visit.

Goldie1 was online here a few weeks ago and should receive an email notification that you have posted so hopefully will come back again soon.

Dawn

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline AdeleMoweta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 19 July 18 01:37 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much Dawn :D