Author Topic: Beaver row  (Read 10633 times)

Offline cruisedub

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Beaver row
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 17 November 11 23:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi cruisedub

I think your Bernard keogh is the son of a distant relative of mine Mary maguires sister would be my ggg grandmother. Do you know anything about those maguires because I've hit a dead end!!

Thanks
Val

I don't know of any Maguires in my family line but records are so few and far between it might just be possible .

Offline alice8

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 17 November 11 23:27 GMT (UK) »
Val

well, from a look at http://www.irishgenealogy.ie/index.html it would seem that Bryan Maguire married Mary Hugo on Jan 14th 1838 at St Marys Church Haddington Road.  Their children were William born 1841, Mary born 1843, Elizabeth in 1847 and Catherine (not sure of date).  I'd imagine that Eilzabeth is the Eliza Maguire in Beaver Row in 1901 and that Mary is Bernard Keogh's mother.

This might be Bryan's death record, but it's a bit of a guess.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.2/MFDF-FSX/p1

Offline valkane2003

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 18 November 11 11:43 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Alice,

I had suspected they were my maguires alright but couldn't find a record for Catharines birth. Could you put up a link to Catharines record or tell me what search you made because I cannot find her.

Thanks again

Val

Offline mjb1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 26 November 11 21:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cruisedub,

that's Bernard I found alright, son of Laurence Keogh.  Do you know of any link between them and my Keoghs, Michael and Catherine and their children, who also lived at Beaver Row?

Are you familiar with Beaver Row ? as this will be difficult to explain. There was a Keogh family who lived where Ericsson is now, coming from Clonskeagh bridge you went up a slope on the right hand side and after a few hundred metres  you came to their place, he was known as Barney Keogh and im sure they lived there until well into the 1970's or maybe even later

Offline cruisedub

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 28 November 11 06:23 GMT (UK) »
Your probably talking about my Grandfather Bernard  Keogh Who has passed away ,I also had an uncle called Barney who has also passed away . The slope you mention ran from Clonskeagh Bridge to the gate of the Dairy , About mid  along there also  used to be a cottage once occupied by a person named Hennesy who was also a relative of mine .

Offline mjb1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 28 November 11 08:11 GMT (UK) »
The very place, it looked like a real rural area, i do remember Anto Hennessy passing away.

Offline Watten58

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 29 August 16 14:50 BST (UK) »
I have only seen this forum now but my great grandfather was Michael Keogh's brother. I have some additional details if this forum is still active and would like to find any further details you may have.

Offline alice8

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 25 April 17 20:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Watten58, just came across your reply now.

My great great grandfather was Michael Keogh.  Michael's father was Joseph Keogh and his mother was Ellen Byrne.  I found a record for a brother James and a sister Mary but I've no idea what happened to them.  I'd be very interested in hearing any other details you have.

Offline Watten58

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 25 April 17 22:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Alice,
Thanks for writing. James was my great great grandfather, he married a Catherine Murphy and I have only traced one child Joseph who was my grandfather. Both James (died 1892) and Catherine(died 1907) are buried in Deansgrange cemetery with Michael (died 1890). I hadn't realised they had a sister but a Mary Keogh was present at the birth of my grandfather. Did she marry? or have children.
I have 4 children listed for Michael and Catherine(McDonald)... Ellen, Joseph, Mary and John Thomas. is that correct?

Watten 58