Author Topic: Reverend John William Conway Hughes  (Read 13546 times)

Offline Sunny_26

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Reverend John William Conway Hughes
« Reply #27 on: Monday 23 April 18 10:46 BST (UK) »
I notice on NZ bdm records it has Mary Gertrude Campbell and Irene Celian Gertrude both born 1878.

https://www.bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz/Search/Search?Path=querySubmit.m%3fReportName%3dBirthSearch%26recordsPP%3d30#SearchResults

Could they have been twins? I need to purchase Irene's birth certificate to clarify I think.

Offline queenie3

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Reverend John William Conway Hughes
« Reply #28 on: Monday 23 April 18 22:05 BST (UK) »
Hi again
You must know Buster Evenson - I have communicated with him because he and his mother Hilda Evenson nee Scully  came to grandad Charles Sampson's funeral. Hilda was a live in home help who looked after Mary because she had dementia and couldn't be left alone. Herbert was the second born son - Charles [ aka as Charlie] was the eldest and Maude was the only girl - she was born after Charles snr came back from WW1.
I have a lot of info but of course not sure on some things and possibly there are errors. I have Irene born 1877 and Mary born 1878. But I have never purchased Irene's birth certificate to clarify her birth date. It may be easier to exchange some information out of the public forum. Would that be a possibility?

Atkinson. Empson. Overton. Lynch. Revell. Wood. Peagram. Stanford-Davis.Savins.