Author Topic: Seprina/Sebrina/Separina/Sheba Roberts 1769-1811*COMPLETED*  (Read 2807 times)

Offline FlowerBD20

• I am sorry but I have turned off email notifications
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Seprina/Sebrina/Separina/Sheba Roberts 1769-1811*COMPLETED*
« on: Saturday 16 October 10 16:21 BST (UK) »
I have a sticking point in my tree and wondered if anyone can show me the way round it?My 3x g-grandmother Elizabeth Edwards (neeRoberts 1798) christened Halkyn 12 Aug 1798 abode Nant parents Robert Roberts and Margaret (sometimes Mary), ( possibly Buckley/Bulkeley etc according to her marriage to John Edwards in 1821 also in Halkyn.) So far so good. Now Robert Roberts son of Edward and Jane married a Margaret/Mary Buckley in Holywell Church on 15 Sept 1793. That would seem clear. However!! This Robert appears to be buried in Halkyn Churchyard as farmer of Maesgwyn (This turns out to be Nant, Holywell) died 15 May 1817. Unfortunately this seems to be the brother of Sebrina/Separina/Shebe Taylor (nee Roberts1769) and the executor of her will. But their parents were Robert Roberts and Maria. Obviously I've gone very wrong somewhere but can anyone with detailed knowledge of the families of this area put me right? Thanks, Flower

PS Please ignore this as I was barking up the wrong tree, my Roberts family is not the same as the Maesgwyn one.

Offline stapler40

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Seprina/Sebrina/Separina/Sheba Roberts 1769-1811*COMPLETED*
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 January 13 15:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello:

I'm reaching out to you in the hopes that you may be able to help me with a name: Roberts from Halkyn. I have a marriage registery, dated 20 October 1804 in Nannerch, between a Humphrey Roberts and Margaret Foulkes. It states that Humphrey, age 35, thus born close to 1770, is from Halkyn. Margaret is said to be of the parish of Nannerch. Furthermore, Humphery's father's name is Robert Roberts. Does any of this make sense? It is possible that Humphrey had a brother named Thomas Roberts.

Let me know if you can help. Thank you

Offline FlowerBD20

• I am sorry but I have turned off email notifications
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Seprina/Sebrina/Separina/Sheba Roberts 1769-1811*COMPLETED*
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 February 13 15:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, You may well be on the right track, all you need is a little more proof. Have you tried searching both FreeReg and Familysearch (both free transcripts) to see if there is a child of that name with that father's name baptised anywhere in the area (not just Halkyn itself, that may be the abode) at around that date or indeed any other children to that father that you may be able to trace down their lines and join up? Don't forget to allow flexibility with dating as marriage regs can have someone as 21 when it means 21 or over! And please note I got tangled up as there were at least two families at the time descended from two different Robert Roberts. How did you end up back at this particular marriage? Love M