Author Topic: John McKenzie/Jemima Junor  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Maxn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
John McKenzie/Jemima Junor
« on: Monday 18 October 10 10:31 BST (UK) »
I have previously received assistance in researching the above names who were married Rosemarkie, Ross and Cromarty 29/08/1838 and are known to have had at least 1 son Alexander, born 22/3/1841.

John, the father was said to have been a Mariner, who at the time of the 1841 Census was stated to be at sea. Alexander and his mother Jemima, were living in High Street at the time. She was recorded under her maiden name of Junor and I have been fortunate to have a full history on her side of the family( an exception being a record of Jemima after the 1841 Census).

However, I have unfortunately come to dead end on my research into Alexander's (my G.G. Grandfather), father John.
If John was at sea in 1841 is it possible to determine where? Was a mariner a term given to just anyone who went to sea , a fisherman for instance or perhaps a merchant marine? A number of Junor's ( name changed to Junner's), were also mariners and died at sea. Perhaps John met a similar fate.

Any assistance in determining John's parentage etc., would be greatly appreciated.
Regards, Maxn

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.