Author Topic: Maindample, Victoria  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Maindample, Victoria
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 23 October 10 09:08 BST (UK) »

Tom,

There probably is more articles, I think that the two owned the mine privately then others got involved when it became registered and then had directors.

Seems that the mine was a good gold producer.

Gerry

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline bushman 410

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 October 17 00:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Salty, not sure if this discussion is still relevant as I think it was quite a while ago but just to let you know I have done some research on the Maindample /Royaltown gold mines and have visited the area which is near (100Km) me . I have researched and visited the Horse shoe gold mine which was also called the Forbes & Viceroy gold mine over the time it was operating. If you are interested I will try to post a photo of the actual gold mine area.

Bushy

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Salty

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 October 17 08:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Bushy,

I thought this had died a death. lol

I actually came down to Oz in 2013 and found the grave of my great uncle, (The man who originally owned it) on the outskirts of Melbourne. I did not have the time to try and find the mine itself.

If you could post pictures of the mine it would be great, if not I will give you my email address and you can mail to me.

Salty
KENT-CANTERBURY & DEAL areas.  Brient-Hitchcock-Reynolds-Pittock;O'Neill-Ireland-Whitman-Harvey-Martin-Norris
ESSEX-DEDHAM- Hitchcock
HANTS-BASINGSTOKE, PRESTON CANDOVER & surrounding areas, Mills-Whitman-Marshall-Whitear-Hall-Patience-Burke-Bulpit-Wise-Marlow-Page - Pragnell.
SOMERSET-FROME area, Marshall. Dredge.
WILTSHIRE-HORNINGSHAM area-Marshall
ABERDEEN-Middleton-Milne-Cruickshank-Stevenson-Ogg