Author Topic: Barry Docks 1918  (Read 5979 times)

Offline trellisick

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Barry Docks 1918
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 27 October 10 21:30 BST (UK) »
hi, sharon,
     penarth is only four or five miles from barry and is quite a small place
although the dock was very succesful in the days of coal shipment and many families worked there before coming to barry, which became the largest dock in the world at that time and drew men from all over the world to work there including seamen from all parts of the world, we had avery large fraternity of greek families who mostly ended up running a buisness of some description
there was big money to be earnt and a new town to set up home in.
the docks and town was built by these people from all corners of the world and their families still reside there to this day,many of them becoming very succesful buisness men, who i think are all proud of what they achieved, regarding the blue cafe i knew the owners very well but belive it or not i cannot recall their name at the moment as we always called her mama but i will find out tommorow, well im rambling on a bit so will let you know what i can find out tommorow, bye, kali.
KUHNELL, prussia, germany, australia. TAYLOR, easton in gordano, penmark, essex. barry, glamorgan. HILL, southampton, barry, glamorgan.

Offline Alexander Stamatiou

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 13 January 18 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sharon from a distant relative of yours in Cyprus.
Are you daughter of Toulla, Margarita or Ioanna?

I have some information of Kastavounis Family since they married in the Pittarakie family.
I know that your post is already 8 years old but maybe you will see this message.

Alex

Offline bigmagicdog

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 21 June 18 17:24 BST (UK) »
The blue Café on corner of Thompson Street and Greenwood Street was run by a Greek family but after many years I cannot recall their name. The area has now been redeveloped and the café no longer exists but was well known.
ANDREWS from Pitney, Martock, and surrounding area of Somerset.
ANDREWS from Hartlepool, Co Durham and surrounding districts.
Family Tree is on web site:  http://daveandrews.tribalpages.com/

Offline Sharon2712

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 23 November 19 20:39 GMT (UK) »

I have some information of Kastavounis Family since they married in the Pittarakie family.

I know that your post is already 8 years old but maybe you will see this message.

Alex
Quote from: Alexander
Stamatiou link=topic=490719.msg6408176#msg6408176 date=1515871798

Alex
[/quote

Hello Alex

I hope you see this message. I am a different Sharon to the one you replied to but I am the daughter of Toula and would like some information on my family tree. Hope to hear from you. Sharon