Author Topic: scott family-Fife  (Read 13222 times)

Offline Seoras

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • GG gf Robert. Born Ireland 1865. Died USA 1941.
    • View Profile
Re: scott family-Fife
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 October 10 18:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Gerry,I have a Scott ancestor fron Fife.Her name was Elisabeth. All I know at the moment is that she married a William Brown at Earlsferry in 1827.Not sure where she was born yet but I think it could be further to the north.If it turns out she is one of yours let me know as I have her marriage and children's birth records in the parish records.

George.
SCOTLAND: Wardlaw Steen/Stein Tweedie McBride McEwan Pate/Peat Brown Somerville Bishop Farier/Ferrier Wood  Torrance Gibb Ross Dunlop Downs Richardson Ramsey Story Snaddon/Sneddon Auld Allan McLean McInnes Mason Law Lawson Kerr Cockburn Christie Ballingall Wardrope Weir Wallace Scott.
IRELAND: Welsh Clifford Lee Allingham Keane Dale Robinson Greer McVey Bingham Skelton Carson Broomfield Clark McEwan/McKeown McCreary McLaughlan.
YORKSHIRE: Cudworth Smith Cope Coulton Hainsworth

Offline gerry65

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 October 10 18:55 BST (UK) »
Hi George
                      Thanks for contact, have no Elisabeth for that period. Her age would probably put her in the same era has my 3GG ALEXANDER SCOTT, whom I am finding some difficulty in getting details.

regards Gerry
scott, cumming, jamieson, bertram, Mc Donald(from Antrim), sharp, miller, brodie, duffy, thomson, McRae, johnston, forbes, glen

Offline Seoras

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • GG gf Robert. Born Ireland 1865. Died USA 1941.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 25 October 10 00:38 BST (UK) »
And me with her,I think she may be from Kettle.Good luck with the search.

George.
SCOTLAND: Wardlaw Steen/Stein Tweedie McBride McEwan Pate/Peat Brown Somerville Bishop Farier/Ferrier Wood  Torrance Gibb Ross Dunlop Downs Richardson Ramsey Story Snaddon/Sneddon Auld Allan McLean McInnes Mason Law Lawson Kerr Cockburn Christie Ballingall Wardrope Weir Wallace Scott.
IRELAND: Welsh Clifford Lee Allingham Keane Dale Robinson Greer McVey Bingham Skelton Carson Broomfield Clark McEwan/McKeown McCreary McLaughlan.
YORKSHIRE: Cudworth Smith Cope Coulton Hainsworth

Offline Mkaddison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 13 September 14 05:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Gerry.

My line is through Alexander Scott's daughter Janet Scott. Have spent many hours finding details on Alexander and Robina with no luck -- just checking if you have any any progress.

Mark Addison

Offline gerry65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 15 September 14 13:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Mark,  I haven,t had any luck with Alexander Scott, can,t find his birth or death date or his parent,s detail,s. I also don,t have your   Janet Scott as his daughter. I have daughter Lillias b 1826 Leslie, son David b1828, Leslie, I think he went to Australia in 1853. Daughter Robina b 1830 Leslie, died 1900 Leslie.  My GG Grandfather Thomas, b 1831 Markinch, d 1899 Leslie. Finally Peter b 1834 Leslie. He also may have had a son Alexander b before Lillias.  Could you give me details of your Janet.
  Regards Gerry 
scott, cumming, jamieson, bertram, Mc Donald(from Antrim), sharp, miller, brodie, duffy, thomson, McRae, johnston, forbes, glen

Offline buckhyne

• RootsChat Veteran
  • James Lawrie & Mary Ann Watson (1878)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 11:21 BST (UK) »
Is this the family in the 1851 census ?

1851 census: Prinlaws, Leslie (Fife), Fife, Scotland
Robina   Scott   Head   Widow   Female   54   1797   House Keeper   Leslie, Fife, Scotland   
Lillias   Scott   Daughter   Unmarried   Female   25   1826   Flax Spinner   Leslie, Fife, Scotland   
David   Scott   Son   Unmarried   Male   23   1828   Ag Lab   Leslie, Fife, Scotland   
Robina   Scott   Daughter   Unmarried   Female   21   1830   Flax Spinner   Leslie, Fife, Scotland   
Thomas   Scott   Son   Unmarried   Male   19   1832   Flax Spinner   Leslie, Fife, Scotland   
Catherine   Dick   Lodger   Unmarried   Female   24   1827   Flax Spinner   Auchtermuchty, Fife, Scotland   

Lawrie name in Fife (and elsewhere) with all its various spellings.

Offline Mkaddison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 11:49 BST (UK) »
hello. I am finding the name Robina seems to have had many variations. Janet was born on the 19 June 1819 in Auchterderran with Father Alexander and Mother Binnie. Both Marriage and Death cerificates show mothers name as Robina. janet married Andrew Addison in 1840 and died in Glasgow in 1880. All my research is from records no no real real knowledge. family history did say that Andrew Addison was a farmer from the Leslie area but married and moved to Glasgow.

The Scott name has shown up as middle names since in a lot of ancestors.

That 1851 census seems to be the family. Janet was married in 1840 and shows up married to Andrew in both 1841 and 1851.

Offline buckhyne

• RootsChat Veteran
  • James Lawrie & Mary Ann Watson (1878)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 12:18 BST (UK) »
I'm guessing that Alexander Scott is alive in 1841 and the reason the family can't be found is because they are living in a parish whose 1841 census returns have been lost.

According to SP these are the parishes that are missing
Abdie, Fifeshire , book has no entries
Auchtermuchty, Fifeshire , book has no entries
Balmerino, Fifeshire , book has no entries
Ceres, Fifeshire , no book
Collesie, Fifeshire , no book
Creich, Fifeshire , no book
Cults, Fifeshire , no book
Cupar, Fifeshire , no book
Dairsie, Fifeshire , no book
Dunbog, Fifeshire , no book
Kennoway: Only the enumeration book for Markinch has survived
Kinghorn, Fifeshire , book has no entries
Kinglasie, Fifeshire , book has no entries
Kirkcaldy, Fifeshire , book has no entries
Abernethy: Enumeration book for people living in Fife missing
Arngask: Enumeration book for people living in Fife missing
Lawrie name in Fife (and elsewhere) with all its various spellings.

Offline Daniel Pianto

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 09 October 15 10:41 BST (UK) »
hello. I am finding the name Robina seems to have had many variations. Janet was born on the 19 June 1819 in Auchterderran with Father Alexander and Mother Binnie. Both Marriage and Death cerificates show mothers name as Robina. janet married Andrew Addison in 1840 and died in Glasgow in 1880. All my research is from records no no real real knowledge. family history did say that Andrew Addison was a farmer from the Leslie area but married and moved to Glasgow.

The Scott name has shown up as middle names since in a lot of ancestors.

That 1851 census seems to be the family. Janet was married in 1840 and shows up married to Andrew in both 1841 and 1851.
THE SCOTT FAMILY

Robina Scott nee Millar is buried in the Old Kirk on the Green Church Yard in Leslie in 1856.  She married Alexander Scott but he can't be found when he died.  Alexander Scott married in Beath to Binnie / Diana/ Robina Miller in 1818. Beath I'm just trying to remember these dates from memory.

Their son David Scott born in 1826 I think from memory in Leslie? married Margaret Robertson in 1853 in Prinlaws Leslie Fife.  She was the daughter of Henry Robertson & Janet Low. Buried in the Leslie Cemetery. Originally from Portmoak Kinrosshire.  David & Margaret Scott are my Great Great Great Grand parents and came to Australia in 1853 on the ship" Childe Harold". ;)  David Scott died in Bendigo Victoria Australua in 1872 and Margaret his widow died as Margaret Harris in 1915 after remarrying Alexander Harris.
we are all looking for the same family! robertsondfp74@gmail.com