Author Topic: Hynan - Kilmeage, Kildare  (Read 5259 times)

Offline HRowland

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hynan - Kilmeage, Kildare
« on: Friday 22 October 10 17:20 BST (UK) »
Hi, I live in England and have been trying to trace my husband's grandfather for over 2 years now.  I now believe in was born in Kilmeage, although the surname looks as if it may have changed slightly.  The maiden name of my husband's mother was Hynon but I now believe it should have been Hynan.  I am trying to get information on the birth of Patrick Hynan born in 1904.  I have found an entry on the 1911 census which states his parents as Thomas and Katie Hynan.  Would anyone be so kind as to let me know how I go about searching for his birth index please.  It states the family were Roman Catholics and lived at 33 Allenwood, South Kilmeage, North Kildare.  I have no idea how to search for family in Ireland so would be really grateful for any help.  Thanks in advance.

Offline cavegirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Hynan - Kilmeage, Kildare
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 October 10 17:48 BST (UK) »
Hello there

A good place to start looking for birth/marriage/death records in Ireland is http://www.rootsireland.ie/ and more particularly for you as you're starting in Kildare, here http://kildare.rootsireland.ie/ . I've been using the site for a while, beware that you do have to pay to get the  more detailed information you find in searches, so you must be sure you're right before you commit otherwise it can end up being quite expensive. 

Good luck - I've been doing research in Kildare for a good few years now - it's been hit and miss with that site but always a good starting place. 

Also, if you look at the top of this Kildare message board there are useful links to other sites and genealogical resources for this county!

Best of luck!
Dwyer - Rathangan Ireland
Loughran - Armagh
Gillespie -  Armagh
Rigby - Wigan
Finch - Preston
Crompton - Aspull, Farnworth
Gerrard - Wigan, Bolton, Westhoughton
Grime - Blackburn, Bolton, Hindley Green

Online Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 October 10 19:11 BST (UK) »
You can also search for Irish BDMs on the LDS pilot site:

http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=allCollections&r=1

That shows a Patrick Hynan whose birth was registered Jan – Mar 1903 in Naas and a Patrick Hannon whose birth was registered Jane – Mar 1904, again in Naas. If you feel either might be the right event, you can order copies of the certificate from the GRO in Roscommon. Order a research copy (cheaper than a full cert). Fax or send the form to them. Provided you have given all the correct data it should be €4.

www.groireland.ie/
Elwyn

Offline HRowland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 October 10 19:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your replies, I will definitely look into them.  I will let you know what I find!  Thanks again.

Offline katnap

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 20 November 11 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
         See you are looking to trace patrick hynan born 1904.May be able to help if i can contact you.
         cheers.....

Offline HRowland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 20 November 11 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi I would be grateful for any information you may have, my e-mail address is *.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards.
Hayley

(*) email address removed in accordance with Rootschat policy. Please use PM system (Personal message) to exchange personal details

Offline katnap

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 21 November 11 15:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
    Received your personal message i note by the help page i have to have three posts on this page before i can answer your message.
                                               cheers....

Offline cyril walsh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 15 August 14 01:02 BST (UK) »
Re Pathrick Hynan, Allenwood North could this be him aged 64 buried at allen  died 31 12 1967.

cyril
MAYO walsh, groonell, connolly, hennelly, reany,
KILDARE jacob, callan, byrne, herbert, duggan, mcgrath, danagher, farrell, mc evoy, ward, o brien.
WESTMEATH nolan, deegan, duggan berry, tiernan, mccormack,duffy,murray.