Author Topic: Reville Duncormick, Wexford & Montreal, Canada  (Read 4236 times)

Offline CJF

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Reville Duncormick, Wexford & Montreal, Canada
« on: Monday 25 October 10 01:22 BST (UK) »
My g-g-grandmother was Anastasia Reville born in Wexford, Ireland married Peter Keane. Anastasia's 2 sisters emigrated to Canada. Mary Reville married Patrick Sutton and Margaret Reville married Peter Breslin from Donegal. Does anyone have information on this family? The names Quart, Boyd, Byrne are also connected to Mary Reville's family and the name Allwork is connected to Margaret's family.

I have some information from another website but I'd love to make contact with any members of this family.

CJF

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Reville Duncormick, Wexford & Montreal, Canada
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 October 10 03:00 BST (UK) »
You don't mention a timeframe in your post.  These 2 marriages  were indexed beside each other. 

Winnifred Breslin, d/o deceased Peter Breslin and Margaret Revel married Roland Allwork s/o deceased Charles Long Allwork and deceased Susanna Hodd L?nlott of Maidstone(?) Kent England on 3 Oct 1887 at Notre-Dame-du-Bon Conseil Montreal, Quebec

At the same church on 25 Oct 1892 Martin Breslin married  Rose Ellen Chambers.

Debbie

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 October 10 05:26 BST (UK) »
http://data2.collectionscanada.gc.ca/e/e327/e008155147.jpg
1881 Canadian census for Quebec
Mary Sutton and 3 girls next door to Margaret Breslow and her 2 children.  Both widowed.

1861 census Mary Sutton, 29 and husband Pat, 33 are living in Quebec and in 1871 Mary is widowed with 3 children and liivng in Champlain district of Quebec. 

You can search collections canada for the 1891 census.  Bridget has married George Quart (13 Oct 1884) and has her mother and sisters living with her.  In 1901 Mary Sutton is living with her daughter Mary in the Champlain district of Quebec and in 1911 Mary Suttan is again living with her sister Bridget.  Bridget's death is Feb 12 1935 at age 68.

Mary Sutton married John Thomas Byrne Dec 1 1920 with sister Bridget and her husband as witnesses.  Not sure what information you have.  There are some marriages for this family through the Drouin collection available through ancestry.

There is also an online tree which follows Winnnifred Breslin and Roland Allwork.  Roland d. 1935 Forest Hills New York and Winnifred Mary 5 Sep 1933 New York.  they had 3 sons and 3 daughters.  Notation that Roland was an engineer who worked on the Panama Canal and that is where his ashes were scattered.

On the 1900 US Boston Census it looks like Martin Breslin , wife and child Martin F. (6) were living there accompanied by his mother Margaret (70) although her record states b. Canada.

Debbie

Offline londonrochester

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 02 July 16 19:56 BST (UK) »
I am descendent of Winifred Breslin and Roland Allwork. Please feel free to get in touch with me.

Offline CJF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 July 16 20:29 BST (UK) »
Hi londonrochester,
My g g grandmother was a sister of Margaret Reville Breslin. Her daughter Winifred married Ronald Allwork. What is your connection to the Reville/Breslin/Allwork family? If I'm guessing correcting is there a connection to Allwork/Fee family tree?
CJF

Offline londonrochester

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 28 July 22 05:53 BST (UK) »
Yes, sorry to reply so late!  Yes, Roland and Winifred are my great-great grandparents.  Their daughter, Blanche, was my great-grandmother and married John C. Fee II, my great-grandfather.