Author Topic: Anne Jones dau of Rev. Robert Evans Trefriw c.1815 lookup please?  (Read 5650 times)

Offline big g

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Anne Jones dau of Rev. Robert Evans Trefriw c.1815 lookup please?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 27 October 12 15:33 BST (UK) »
 Darren,

Thanks for the information; if you ever would like info on the Jarvis/Jervis/Jarvies/Jervies family, just ask!

Glenys
 :)
Williams - Llanllyfni Llandwrog Llanrug Bedd Austr.
Jones - Beddgelert/Nantlle
Parry - Llanllyfni
Owen s - Beddgelert
Pierce - Llanrug
Jarvis/Jervis - Llanrug
Roberts - Llanddeiniolen
Griffith  - Beddgellert/LLanrug

"This information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Corrin - I.o.M./Bootle/K'dale/Seaforth
Stewart - Durham L'pool
Whitford -I o M L'pool
Atkinson - Bootle K'dale
Crookham - Formby Crosby L'pool

Lloyd Dickinson Burgess Threlfall Tarbuck - Lancs

Offline bardotka

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 27 October 12 19:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Glenys

Thanks for the offer and I may well take you up on it shortly.

One correction from my end - Kathryn's surname is now in fact Stephens, Domhoff was her maiden name.  If you want more info on that end of things please also let me know. 

Ta much.

Darren

Offline Rosedale

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 01 November 12 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Darren,

I thought I had replied, sorry!

I'd love to see a photograph of Roberts' grave.  Shall I pm you?  It's interesting that you say there's a connection with David Jones.  I have a copy of a memorial card in rememberance of David Jones that I could send you if you're interested, and a photograph of Caergai.

I've always thought family history can be slightly addictive. ;)

I'll have a look for your information on the LDS site, I admit I haven't really used it for family trees in the past.  My trees are on ancestry and GenesReunited.

Thank you for the information regarding Evan and Sarah. Just to add to what I've already told you - Rev. Robert ap Evan's father was Rev. Evan Foulk who I believe married an Irish woman, possibly.  I don't have her name though

And that's about as far as I have got, well, the bits that I'm pretty sure about.

Lisa
Flintshire - Hughes, Price, Simon, Messham, Griffiths, Powell, Tattum, Eaton, Roberts, Pownall, James, Enion
Denbighshire - Morris
Cheshire - Walley, Hough, Pridden, Jackson, Lawson, Rosedale, Rigby
Lancashire - Smith, Caunce, Williams, Eaton, Watkinson, As(h)croft, Wilson
Cumbria - Twentyman, Borrow, Bownas, Mitchell
London - Liddell, Wilkes, Hart
Midlands - Smith, Fox, Hopton, Timson

Offline bardotka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 05 November 12 00:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisa

Sorry for the delay in responding - I have been distracted by some of my English ancestors and all to do with them serving in WW1 - made quite an exciting and moving find re three great uncles of mine.

You are welcome to pm if you want.  Besides the photograph of the grave I have Robert's death certificate and some other material you may be interested in.  Any info you have on anyone is most welcome including David Jones' memorial card etc.

We visited Llanuwchllyn a few years ago (maybe 2006 if I remember correctly) but at some point soonish I want to go back and see what else we can find. 

Interesting that you mention Evan Foulk's wife.  If we can find the grave then there is a chance she will be mentioned on that!  Isn't she's the nasty one (apparently) that used to hide Evan's shoes and socks so he could not go to church on Sunday!  You mention she might be Irish - so she would probably be Catholic - that might account for her not being impressed with Evan's faith.

Darren

Offline norbert37

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 18 August 18 10:40 BST (UK) »
I don't know if it has any relevance, but I'm currently trying to find a marriage between a relative John Evans and a Martha Domhoff, both born in Pennsylvania;  the marriage would have been about 1910-1914